Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    The problem would be "how to reach WEC, F1, MotoGP and Nascar fans", IMO. How to TOUCH their little road racing hearts. Cuz these would be target, right? WRC would get nothing by trying to reach Soccer fans... (for example)
    Well that's currently an issue I reckon; go on website forums such as Autosport, Pistonheads, Ten Tenths for example - and the rallying threads are quiet......the WRC isn't interesting those fans of motorsport. I noticed that during the weekend of the Monte, it was also the Rolex24; there was a stark difference in comments.....hundreds for the Rolex, barely 20 for the Monte.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    go on website forums such as Autosport, Pistonheads, Ten Tenths for example - and the rallying threads are quiet......
    Aren't we on motorsportforums right now? I am not even sure if Rolex24 has own thread there while rallying threads are quite noisy.

There is a lot of potential WRC fans among current F1/WEC fans but accessibility needs to be improved. WRC makes some good steps towards it and some bad ones.

And of course could do better, if Rallye Monte Carlo would be free on youtube during F1/WEC offseason, it could be nice "bait" for new fans but it obviously makes problems with current tv deals.

From other hand, reason why long 26-minute highlights are on relatively unknown redbull.tv site instead of official WRC youtube channel is really weird.

Rally games becaming better and better is also good thing, EA Sports WRC is quite okayish and have potential to grow rally fanbase.

3. Likes: becher (8th March 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Backa View Post
    From other hand, reason why long 26-minute highlights are on relatively unknown redbull.tv site instead of official WRC youtube channel is really weird.
    Bit difficult to sell to TV broadcasters around the world when you give it away for free on the world's biggest internet video service.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Bit difficult to sell to TV broadcasters around the world when you give it away for free on the world's biggest internet video service.
    To some extent, sure. Still, you give it for free already and majority of people that are already engaged rally fans seems to be aware of it.

Going from redbull.tv to youtube would be more about gaining new fans. Some of those people could later decide those highlights aren't enough and subscribe to rally.tv like I did last year or pay for Motowizja or other tv deal.

There is golden mean somewhere between providing level of accessibility that makes people interested and reaping the fruits from having fanbase. I doubt current state is that golden mean.

6. Likes: becher (8th March 2024)
    WRC WORKING GROUP CHIEF: I DON’T UNDERSTAND NEW POINTS SYSTEM
    DAVID RICHARDS GAVE A BLUNT APPRAISAL OF HOW POINTS ARE CURRENTLY ALLOCATED IN THE SERIES

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-w...points-system/

WRC WORKING GROUP CHIEF: I DON’T UNDERSTAND NEW POINTS SYSTEM
    DAVID RICHARDS GAVE A BLUNT APPRAISAL OF HOW POINTS ARE CURRENTLY ALLOCATED IN THE SERIES

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-w...points-system/
    ”You know, the reason football is so popular is because you kick a ball backwards and forwards and you score the points for every time you get a ball in the goal. And if we can think of a simple points system for the World Rally Championship, it’d be far better for us.”

The old football analogy that doesn't work. No league I know scores points on goals. You can score 5 and get 0 points, or score 0 and get 1 point.

Football leagues gave 3 points for win but only 1 for ties, which is quite similar idea to reducing cruising.

Seems like Richards don't know football points systems too.

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    It's 2024, TV broadcasters wants to purchase live content and not highlights to be broadcasted at 11pm CET.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    It's 2024, TV broadcasters wants to purchase live content and not highlights to be broadcasted at 11pm CET.
    If you can explain why in the UK a 52 minutes highlights show is on the commercial channel ITV4 a week on Wednesday later, a channel which doesn't show the live stages, while Youtube has 2 minute clips; then I'll change my view.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    But thats the problem, it isn't on YouTube. I'd take an uneducated guess and say reach would triple if it was on the official WRC channel on YouTube

13. Likes: AndyRAC (16th March 2024),focus206 (8th March 2024),steve.mandzij (10th March 2024)