Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
The regulations do agree- you must provide a cars width and the onboard agree too if you bother looking closely enough, which I suspect you won't.

As for the Stewards, it matters not - a racing incident with them one day is a 5 second timed penalty the next.
I'm going to assume here , that you are referring to the corner before where the incident took place .

I didn't hear Lewis complain about being pushed off , and nor did I hear the stewards cite him for going off track in that corner .

It did set the stage , though .
Had Lewis been able to hold his line and not slide out into Sergio , there was no incident . He was unable to hold it because he was compromised on the way in by his rival .
His only choice was to slow down and concede the corner .

That's also what Checo was trying to achieve by moving in on the space Lewis needed to make that corner .

I found it a bit surprising that he got the points on his license , but he could have slowed , so as not to have slid out into a rival , putting him out of the race entirely .
It was a great show up to that moment , but that minor screw-up deserved the 5 seconds .