I was aware of the new format from seeing the releases about it. I watched qually yesterday and was busy today so didn't turn on to watch the Sprint until 11 PM or so. I was wondering why the grid was so screwed up!

Another dumb gimmick IMHO. BUT, it might give some teams a chance to see points where they otherwise wouldn't, such as today with the Sprint qually and race (or is it still a Sprint non race?) take place in changing conditions vs expected dry race and the qually was dry. That could give good exposure to the lesser teams if they get it right. Gutted for Albon, I think at his point they should have just stayed on the inters but at least they tried.

Combined with the wild Sprint qual session and the fact that the track was drying enough to make many opt to change to dry tires, it was at least some interesting strategy and actually some good racing on track.... or is it still non racing?

Merc blew it in the Sprint qual... just blew it bad. As for the race, Lando got screwed out of a point by George, as George grossly crossed the pit entry on his way in for the tire change. Yuki got a 5 second penalty and a point for doing the same a couple years back.