Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
    Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    One of the drivers (who didnt finished Acropolis without superally) was proposing on meeting with drivers that Sunday should not be part of rally. During the Sunday morning there should be "taxi drives" where Rally1 drivers can take a ride with some sponsors/journalists/officials and then there should be power stage on midday as only one stage for bonus points...
    This is an excellent idea for what is solely a Rally1 problem.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (10th September 2023),tommeke_B (10th September 2023)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    A clip from Acropolis Rally took place this weekend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jshm...ekRallyPassion

4. Likes: dimviii (11th September 2023)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Seen an interesting video on YouTube last night, Ogier's car in service on the Friday evening

https://youtu.be/TpnUAh2l1mM?si=aW86GfdvTgPPmOWp

6. Likes: BleAivano (12th September 2023),dimviii (11th September 2023)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by satnav View Post
    Seen an interesting video on YouTube last night, Ogier's car in service on the Friday evening

https://youtu.be/TpnUAh2l1mM?si=aW86GfdvTgPPmOWp
    Did spot Sam, also...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

8. Likes: satnav (12th September 2023)
    Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    This is an excellent idea for what is solely a Rally1 problem.
    If it was up to me I would make it a power day. I understand they want some extra thrill on Sunday, which is a pretty short day anyway, so why not to count it as a whole?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

10. Likes: cali (12th September 2023),EstWRC (12th September 2023),vekkuli (13th September 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If it was up to me I would make it a power day. I understand they want some extra thrill on Sunday, which is a pretty short day anyway, so why not to count it as a whole?
    This is a good idea. I was thinking the other day something I would prefer if Sunday is just the powerstage or maybe 2 runs on the power stage and the total gives the points. Maybe 1st run is in overall rally order and 2nd run is reversed to keep things interesting.

Sunday actually doesn't need to be longer, by then I'm watching other motorsports as well so if the rally ends Sunday morning it would be perfect for my schedule.

12. Likes: manthey (12th September 2023),WRCStan (12th September 2023)
    Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Did spot Sam, also...
    You sure did Per, he's got a new role now aswell

14. Likes: Rallyper (13th September 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think they are simply saying Sunday's stages are redundant because they are at the end of the rally, so it could be a more useful marketing day than Wednesday or Thursday. Rallies are always more entertaining and interesting at their starts and then fade out. FIA and broadcasters insist on having an awkward and amateurish podium ceremony to see on Sunday lunchtime. I'd make a change about that, else just the one Powerstage run would suffice, but again this is only good for Rally1.

Whilst a power leg could encourage one or two restarted cars to push a little extra, depending on the quality of the driver, the truth is nobody cares already. If the power leg is made/found to be more rewarding or entertaining than the rest of the rally, you still cement a future change into a one day sprint.

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    If there is 10 points for the power day it can not be ignored while it is still much less than for the rally itself. I'd prefer to keep Sunday as a leg albeit short one instead of having just one stage. That, for me at least, is like skiping the day completely and I don't like that at all.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Still not sure who it's for if it's not on TV, but open to see it trialled. Nobody will want to skip leg day and huge gainz.

Although, I think I'd rather see, and this doesn't interfere with the other classes at all which don't face the same issue, the manufacturers championship shifted to only Sunday. Subject to qualification by participation on the other days of course.