Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,378 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Hyundai talking about the placement of anti-cutting devices after recce. Is this meant to be mitigation ?

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...ther-question/

Liked 1,642 Times in 750 Posts
    Information-doping in rally

I assume it's not that big issue nowadays for WRC events, as there is huge amount of information available from previous years onboards, everyone do their own recce onboards, also there is often Google Streetview available. Those don't cover last-minute changes like anti-cutting devices, like it was the case with Neuville, but it gives way more information than "just 2 passes".

But from that perspective - should it be allowed for the crews not yet started to stage follow all-live feed? It gives competitive advantage from the latest situation on the road.

Liked 406 Times in 215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    But from that perspective - should it be allowed for the crews not yet started to stage follow all-live feed? It gives competitive advantage from the latest situation on the road.
    It does, but usually they got plenty of other things to do in the last few minutes.

Liked 1,136 Times in 609 Posts
    Weird they got caught. It doesn't seem that hard to have someone check a few things without it being traceable back to a team or driver.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Weird they got caught. It doesn't seem that hard to have someone check a few things without it being traceable back to a team or driver.
    I guess all the cars driving those stages are known - as I understood it's private/closed area for public traffic and it's easy to track all cars driving there. I think Jamie can give us more information about the situation there or how (not) hard is to someone pass those stages and being not noticed.

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Where do you draw the line of what is and what isn't anymore allowed? Each team has it's own meteo crews who are up in the stages, sending back not only information about weather, but I suppose also photos of potential hazards. In Sardegna I saw them measure the depth of watersplash. Though in this case, meteo crews are registered for each them, unlike "friend of Neuville" I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by DoN_cz View Post
    Where do you draw the line of what is and what isn't anymore allowed? Each team has it's own meteo crews who are up in the stages, sending back not only information about weather, but I suppose also photos of potential hazards. In Sardegna I saw them measure the depth of watersplash. Though in this case, meteo crews are registered for each them, unlike "friend of Neuville" I suppose.
    Personally - I don't think it's effective disallowing collecting information by rules, as it's really hard to achieve it. If there are rules, you know them and you need to follow them. In Neuville's case - he know he was going to do something against the rules and from that perspective there is nothing to complain for him.

I'm not a rally driver and probably can not give an good valuation here - but how much more information you actually can gain? How much information you can put to your pace-notes. And from that perspective - what it gives extra after your 2 recce passes which you have recorded anyway.

The goal is - everyone have equal amount of information and that's why I ask, how does it makes sense to late-starters to follow all-live feed and collecting the latest information available, it's especially case for powerstages.

Anyway, however much information you have - you need to put it to your driving.

Liked 107 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Without knowing, but referring to almost 60 years of following the sport of rallying, I´d say yes. So much rumours on lower levels and also from stories telled by people involved in international rallying decades ago, says to me this only tip of the iceberg.
    This would be what I thought too. Judging by other comments online too it seems it would be more surprising if this was an isolated incident. It will be interesting to see what more comes from the story. Be great if someone like Dirtfish make a push to investigate if its more widespread but doubt they'll be willing to rock many boats unfortunately.

Liked 146 Times in 56 Posts
    This story doesn't seem about to go:
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/fia-h...e-of-the-mark/