Sainz claims Ferrari mastery behind 2023 optimism.
Carlos Sainz believes he has now "mastered" the new generation of F1 car which has sparked a renewed level of optimism ahead of the 2023 season.
Sunday 11 December 2022 13:30
Ewan Gale
GPFans

Carlos Sainz believes he has now "mastered" the new generation of F1 car which has sparked a renewed level of optimism ahead of the 2023 season. Asked about his feelings entering the winter break, Sainz replied: “Honestly, I’m a lot more optimistic and confident than I was half [a season] ago.

"The last run of races, the pace I had, the tyre management, the race pace, the quali, everything was a lot smoother, a lot more competitive, back to a level that I know I’m capable of driving. I’m back to a level that I should have been at the beginning of the year and this leaves me obviously with optimism.”

"Also with a feeling that I have finally mastered this car and these regulations and that whatever type of car comes next year, I am ready to drive it. I’ve changed many things in my driving. I’ve had to reset a lot of things on my systems. I wish I wouldn’t have [to have] done it but it has also made me a more complete driver so I’m ready to go for it.”

‘Ferrari mastery behind 2023 optimism’;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/97...2023-optimism/

Sainz says long-standing partner gave Ferrari an 'advantage'
09/12/2022 at 16:11
Michael Delaney
F1i.com

Carlos Sainz believes Ferrari's oldest technical partner gave the Scuderia an advantage this season in one crucial area. "This season it was mandatory to race with 10% bio ethanol fuel," Sainz explained, quoted by RacingNews.365.

"Looking at this season, I think it gave us an advantage that Shell is so strong with creating the fuel with 10% bio ethanol. They have experience with it and have worked hard in recent years to create the highest quality version. Because they have created an excellent product, as a driver the difference from last year was not noticeable.”

"This is because they have worked hard in the last few years on the project with 10% bio ethanol and they will do the same with creating the 100% sustainable fuel in 2026." Quite remarkably, Shell, which is working with Ferrari to help reach F1's net zero carbon targe by 2030, has been associated with the Italian manufacturer since 1929, the year the Scuderia was founded by Enzo Ferrari.

‘Ferrari an advantage';

https://f1i.com/news/462527-sainz-sa...advantage.html

Carlos Sainz identifies two areas Ferrari need to improve for 2023
Friday 9th December 2022 9:15 AM
Sam Cooper

Having seen himself go from title contender to P5, Carlos Sainz has identified where Ferrari fell down in the 2022 season. “First of all, we have to get better in the Grands Prix,” the Ferrari driver said according to the Dutch edition of Motorsport.com.

“We had a recurring thing, so we didn’t make good starts. In that fight [with Lewis Hamilton in Abu Dhabi] I lost five or six seconds [due to a poor start].” Sainz also stated that more must be done to improve the car throughout the season with the F1-75 arguably the quickest at the start of the campaign but then lagging behind both Red Bull and Mercedes by the final race in Abu Dhabi.

“We simply didn’t develop well,” the Spaniard said. “Rome wasn’t built in a day, though. You also have to look at where we came from. If you look at the progress over the past two years, it’s great to see.”

‘Two areas Ferrari need to improve for 2023’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/carlos...-improve-2023/

Sainz learned the most from 'challenging' 2022 campaign
05/12/2022 at 14:51
Phillip van Osten
F1i.com

Carlos Sainz says his 2022 campaign with Ferrari with his most challenging season yet in Formula 1, but also the one from which he has learned the most since his debut in the sport in 2015.

"It’s been a very challenging start to the season with me immediately on the back foot and heading into challenges that I probably didn’t expect to have," he said, quoted by Formula 1.com. "But I’m honestly very proud, the way that I recovered the season, the way that I managed to stay motivated, even with all the ups and downs that I had, with all the setbacks that we had.”

"As a team, as an individual, with so many DNFs, we still managed to turn the season around and now I’m driving again at the level that I know I’m able to drive. I’m going to take the positives and keep that as a positive."

‘Most challenging season’;

https://f1i.com/news/462339-sainz-le...-campaign.html

Ferrari duo Sainz and Leclerc test for Pirelli at Fiorano
7 December, 2022
Paul Velasco
Grand Prix 247

While most Formula 1 drivers are chilling during the off-season, Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc returned to the wheel of the Ferrari F1-75, at Fiorano on Tuesday, for the first of two Pirelli test days, in preparation for the 2023 season.

Sainz got going at around 11 am in the morning, taking advantage of the wet asphalt after the night’s rain as Pirelli adjusted the run plan to the conditions, starting the test with the intermediate tyres (green stripe) and then changing to slicks.

This outing was the second Pirelli test of the post-season. Last weekend Pirelli began tested at Paul Ricard, with Robert Kubica on duty in the Alfa Romeo C42, with intermediate and extreme rain tires. After these two days with Ferrari, AlphaTauri will test dry tyres in Portimao, from December 14 to 15. The last of the year.

‘Pirelli test at Fiorano’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/12...at-fiorano-f1/

Carlos Sainz thanks Mattia Binotto as boss heads for Ferrari exit
Published: 30 Nov 2022, 13:51
By George Dagless
Give Me Sport

Carlos Sainz has taken to Twitter to thank Mattia Binotto for his efforts in light of the news he’s handed in his resignation at Ferrari. Binotto leaves the Scuderia at the end of the calendar year after it was confirmed that he would be leaving his post earlier this week. Charles Leclerc posted in light of the news on Instagram, and Sainz has done similar, taking to Twitter to post his message of thanks to his now outgoing boss.

Grazie Mattia. It’s been a pleasure to work alongside you to push the team and ourselves forward through thick and thin. Thanks for the great memories and moments we shared in and out of a racing track and all the best in your future endeavors! Carlos Sainz.

‘Grazie Mattia’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88090087...r-ferrari-exit