Red Bull’s 2023 F1 car hits track, but secrecy continues.
Red Bull’s RB19 Formula 1 car has made its track debut at Silverstone, but the champion team’s secretive approach to the 2023 pre-season continued.
19:13 Fri, 10 Feb 2023.
By Matt Beer
The Race

In a repeat of its 2022 tactics, Red Bull held its launch event using a show car that will bear little resemblance to what actually appears for testing, and has now held a shakedown run without – at least so far – offering any publicity images from it. It only released a short video clip on its social media channels in which the car cannot be seen clearly.

Red Bull later put out a short video clip of world champion Max Verstappen giving his initial take on how the day had gone. “I’ve just driven the RB19 for the first time,” he said. “Of course it’s a filming day but it was a good first impression.

“Everything worked very well, everything worked very smoothly, so that’s exactly what you want from a day like this.” Outside official testing, F1 teams are limited to two runs of up to 100km – usually referred to as ‘filming days’ – with their current machinery during the season.

‘RB19 secrecy continues’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-b...ecy-continues/

Verstappen pleased with “really smooth” first run in new Red Bull at Silverstone
2023 F1 season
Posted on 10th February 2023, 17:4410th February 2023, 22:58
Written by Keith Collantine
RaceFans

World champions Red Bull have run their new car for the first time in secret at Silverstone. Max Verstappen was pleased with his first run in the team’s new car. “Of course it was a filming day but I think it was a first good impression,” he said. “Everything worked really well, everything worked really smooth.

“So that’s exactly what you want from a day like this and now I’m of course very excited to go to Bahrain.” Red Bull held a season launch event in New York last week at which they presented a show car which they referred to as the RB19. They previously confirmed the car displayed was not their true 2023 design.

Team principal Christian Horner said the car presented in New York “isn’t a total reflection of what will hit the track in Bahrain in a couple of weeks’ time” when pre-season testing begins. “The car that was shown today obviously will be somewhat different when you see it in Bahrain,” he added.

‘ “Really smooth” first run’;

https://www.racefans.net/2023/02/10/...l-silverstone/

Red Bull complete secret shakedown of 2023 car
10 February 6:05PM
Author Luke Murphy
Co-author Dieter Rencken
RacingNews365

Red Bull have given their 2023 car, the RB19, a first test outing with a shakedown session at the Silverstone circuit. Red Bull's car for the 2023 season, the RB19, took the track for the first time in a shakedown session at the Silverstone circuit, without prior warning.

The car was driven by Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez at the home of the British Grand Prix, with official 'third' driver Daniel Ricciardo sitting out this particular test session.

The Milton Keynes team were able to complete a 'filming day', permitted under the regulations, with Pirelli demo tyres, which is common practice among teams prior to testing.

‘Secret shakedown’;

https://racingnews365.com/red-bull-c...wn-of-2023-car

Sergio Perez has pushed Red Bull’s RB19 development in a ‘certain direction’
10 Feb 2023 12:15 PM
Michelle Foster
PlanetF1.com

Sergio Perez believes this year’s RB19 is more suited to his driving style, having bemoaned last year’s upgrades favoured his team-mate Max Verstappen. Asked at the team’s launch if he could avoid last year’s mid-season slump, he replied: “Yes, certainly. There are things that we are going to work on.

“We believe that the car is already going to be better. I’ve been pushing the team in a certain direction, and we believe we’re heading in that direction. “But we’ll see. Once we get the car, it’s all about adapting ourselves to the car and try to maximise it.”

Perez concedes his side of the garage made mistakes last season, most notably with the set-up of the car which cost him performance. He believes those lessons learned will stand him in good stead for 2023.

‘Adapting ourselves to the car to maximise it’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio...ain-direction/

Sergio Perez wants to battle Max Verstappen in 2023.
Sergio Perez won two races compared to Max Verstappen’s 15 in 2022.
10 February 2023
by Jack Devonport
Formula1 News

When speaking about his ambitions for the 2023 season at the Red Bull season launch in New York, Perez has claimed that he cannot rely on help from others this season, insisting that it is only up to him to be successful.

“I’m 100% responsible for that [my own success] to work together with my team, to have a good plan, to follow it,” he told The Drive. “And to be able to find the consistency throughout the whole season that will be the main key for us.”

The 33-year-old has recently suggested that after two seasons of adapting to driving a winning car, he finally feels capable of mounting a serious title challenge in 2023, even if it involves battling with Verstappen.

‘Only up to him to be successful’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/sergio-pe...appen-in-2023/