Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Do you have a link to the interview? He didn't in the one I saw... he just said that he knew Lewis wouldn't leave him the space... which is not the same thing.
    I don't have a link to it sorry but I saw it live myself and he did admit it. I was actually quite shocked he said it but equally less surprised that nothing will likely be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Speaking of crashes , every time I hear stories about crypto-currency troubles , I think of you .

You all good on that front ?
    This is not a joke , but genuine concern .
    Appreciate your concern, Baggy. Yes, all good with me in that front, I checked out most of my holdings about 3 weeks before BTC plummeted from its peak. The rest are still in the green with becauee I bought them years ago. Am happy to hodl 😀

3. Likes: Bagwan (16th November 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't have a link to it sorry but I saw it live myself and he did admit it. I was actually quite shocked he said it but equally less surprised that nothing will likely be done about it.
    OK.. but why would Max say he hit Lewis intentionally.. when it was Lewis who didn't leave the space... which he is supposed to do?

5. Likes: Mia 01 (16th November 2022)
    OK.. but why would Max say he hit Lewis intentionally.. when it was Lewis who didn't leave the space... which he is supposed to do?
    Max said he knew they were going to collide - that's intentionally hitting someone and taking them off. He should be disqualified from the championship as far I'm concerned and be banned. Anyone intentionally colliding with another driver doesn't beling on the grid.

https://www.sportbible.com/formula-1...21114.amp.html

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "I knew he wasn't going to leave me enough space , but I went in anyway." is roughly his quote .

It does seem to be an admission .

But it comes with a kind of caveat in the fact that he's effectively saying that if Lewis breaks the rule about leaving space , we crash , which is true .

From Lewis's point of view , he had to have believed Max would back out , as squeezing from the outside was impossible if he didn't .
    It's either that , or simple misjudgment of the amount of space he allowed .
    From my point of view , it's hard to imagine Lewis thinking Max would back out , and also hard to imagine him having trouble judging the amount of space beside him .

To me , it was a racing incident but BOTH drivers should cop a penalty .

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Max said he knew they were going to collide - that's intentionally hitting someone and taking them off. He should be disqualified from the championship as far I'm concerned and be banned. Anyone intentionally colliding with another driver doesn't beling on the grid.

https://www.sportbible.com/formula-1...21114.amp.html
    Going for the move despite knowing/thinking that Lewis would break the rules and not leave space is not even close to being the same thing as hitting Lewis intentionally.

You are removing any responsibility from Lewis to race by the rules and effectively giving him Carte blanche to race however he likes.... and anyone who hits him because of he didnt race by the rules? Your logic.. 'they intentionally hit Lewis'

If you are serious that's just ridiculous dude.

9. Likes: gm99 (20th November 2022)
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    "I knew he wasn't going to leave me enough space , but I went in anyway." is roughly his quote .

It does seem to be an admission .

But it comes with a kind of caveat in the fact that he's effectively saying that if Lewis breaks the rule about leaving space , we crash , which is true .

From Lewis's point of view , he had to have believed Max would back out , as squeezing from the outside was impossible if he didn't .
    It's either that , or simple misjudgment of the amount of space he allowed .
    From my point of view , it's hard to imagine Lewis thinking Max would back out , and also hard to imagine him having trouble judging the amount of space beside him .

To me , it was a racing incident but BOTH drivers should cop a penalty .
    I'd say at absolute worst a racing incident, but in this case with Lewis more at fault. Watching the various shots, it's clear that Max is moving as far right as possible without climbing the sausage curb. Max doesn't run into Lewis, Lewis runs into Max, who is on a trajectory to follow the inside line of the track on the edge of that curb. Though he is off line by more than a car width vs the usual racing line, Lewis turns in as if Max isn't there, and there is no doubt that he was still well aware Max was there.

To me personally once both drivers have compromised the usual racing line we shouldn't state that either is "entitled" to go back on line with disregard for the other car being in that space. They usually should both compromise further to avoid contact while following the common sense of both leaving a minimum of a car width to track edge, both on the inside and outside of corners.

As for Max's comment, I take it as nothing more than stating he doesn't trust him to leave room in tight racing. Since both have a history here, I can't say that I blame him. Lewis was on the radio instantly claiming it wasn't a racing incident, and I'm sure he wasn't implying he was the one at fault. Both point fingers at the other, as it has been for a while now.

Going for the move despite knowing/thinking that Lewis would break the rules and not leave space is not even close to being the same thing as hitting Lewis intentionally.

You are removing any responsibility from Lewis to race by the rules and effectively giving him Carte blanche to race however he likes.... and anyone who hits him because of he didnt race by the rules? Your logic.. 'they intentionally hit Lewis'

If you are serious that's just ridiculous dude.
    When standards are twisted to gross extremes to hate a driver, there is generally only one driving force, that being the hate. Lewis knew they were going to collide as well, after all he was the one that went ahead and turned in.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    When standards are twisted to gross extremes to hate a driver, there is generally only one driving force, that being the hate. Lewis knew they were going to collide as well, after all he was the one that went ahead and turned in.
    I thought TBK must be on the wind up tbh... but maybe you are right. 🤔

After the incident with Max and Lewis at Silverstone last year, the 3 hardcore Lewis fans were blaming Max for not getting out of Lewis's way... even though Max left a cars width... and now with the shoe on the other foot... the complete opposite opinion.
    The sense of entitlement and ability to warp logic to such a degree, is off the scales.

"Verstappen said after the race in Brazil that he had "reasons" for refusing to let Perez back ahead and that he was reacting to "something that happened in the past".

Schumacher set to lose seat as Hulkenberg joins Haas for 2023
    'Spygate' - Fifteen years on from the sporting scandal that had everything
    How to follow the season finale Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on the BBC
    There have been reports that Verstappen believes Perez crashed deliberately at the end of qualifying at the Monaco Grand Prix, an incident that prevented Verstappen completing his final lap, which would have given him a position on the front row.

As it was, Perez and Verstappen qualified third and fourth and the Mexican went on to win the race.

A number of sources have told BBC Sport that Red Bull investigated the incident after the race and that Perez admitted he had crashed on purpose.

But Perez rejected that claim, saying it was "wrong", adding: "That's just speculation, and people creating rumours. We are all aware what is going on and we want to keep it within the team."

Verstappen again refused to expand on his reasons for his actions in Brazil, saying it would "stay between me and the team" but he admitted Red Bull had made mistakes in their management of the race weekend.

"It was about something that happened earlier in the season," he said. "I already explained that in Mexico, and the team understood and agreed.

"We went to Brazil and I thought we were just going go to race and get the best possible result. We had a bit of a miscommunication on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing had been said to me about a potential swap or whatever. It only came into that last lap that it was said on the radio.

"And they should have known my response already from what I said the week before.

"After the race we had some good discussion and put everything on the table and everything has been solved.

"In hindsight, we should have had that conversation earlier. I have never been a bad team-mate, I have always been very helpful. The team knows that. I always put the team up front because it is a team effort at the end of the day. What we learned is we have to be a little more open and we just have to communicate better to each other."

However, Perez said that the conversation after the race in Brazil only covered the events of that day.

Asked how long Verstappen had had a problem with his past actions, Perez said: "I don't know how long it is there. We haven't discussed about it."

Red Bull issued a statement on Thursday admitting they had "made some mistakes in Brazil" and that the team "accepted Max's reasoning".

The statement added: "Max was only informed at the final corner of the request to give up position without all the necessary information being relayed. This put Max, who has always been an open and fair team player, in a compromising situation with little time to react which was not our intention."

On-board camera footage makes it clear that Verstappen was first asked to let Perez by into sixth place after Turn Four on the final lap, and again three times as he exited the final corner."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/63664552

Hmm... whatever Max's reasons are I'm just not sure about that Monaco rumour... I'll need to go watch it again.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    didn't get to see the race, but glad to see that hamilton and verstappen still have the old habbit of trying to run each other of the track whenever they have the chance.

i would say it's pretty clearly hamilton's fault this time.