Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Liked 405 Times in 252 Posts
    Fourmaux has won the Trackrod and the BRC, both expected to be honest!

https://dirtfish.com/rally/brc/fourm...ally-champion/

A shame that he won’t be at the Cambrian but completely understandable as it’s the same weekend as CER

Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Congratulations to Fourmaux, he never put a wheel wrong all year despite new events and some very tricky conditions at times.

But this must be the most one-sided BRC Title win in the history of the Championship. As soon as Cronin pulled out it was all over as any sort of contest.

It's a crying shame how we have lost the top drivers we have (Edwards, Cave, Pryce) and the great battles we could've seen. And looking ahead, other than James Williams, I dont see much quality coming through.

I think the quality of Fourmaux has at least made it worth watching this year. No one wants to see a championship be quite so one sided but I can still appreciate watching a world-class driver absolutely dominate.

He won’t be back, as it was all about developing the Fiesta Rally2 but it would be nice to see the BRC try and build on this for next year - which they won’t.

I don’t think this ‘Gentleman driver+’ status is doing anything for anybody. Either the BRC should just become clubman-length rallies again - but a mixed-surface championship to differentiate it from the BTRDA or ARC - or it should try to attract a field of drivers of Fourmaux’s calibre to elevate it to the same level and stature as BTCC, BSB, BGT et al

4. Likes: AndyRAC (24th September 2023)
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post

I don’t think this ‘Gentleman driver+’ status is doing anything for anybody. Either the BRC should just become clubman-length rallies again - but a mixed-surface championship to differentiate it from the BTRDA or ARC - or it should try to attract a field of drivers of Fourmaux’s calibre to elevate it to the same level and stature as BTCC, BSB, BGT et al
    I really don't know how they do this....and I suspect they don't know either.
    Those who want to do it, can't afford it - whereas those who can, don't want to do it as it takes up too much of their time; hence the popularity of one day 45 mile events.

On another issue, I saw Meirion Evans commenting about the confusing running order on forestry events:

https://twitter.com/TheMeirionEvans/...46922038010170

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

6. Likes: HKSjbg (24th September 2023)
    Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Reverse seeding letting the slower 2wd crews go first, then the 4wd, makes sense. Plus the live coverage did the same split.

But after that it was a total mess with a mixture of cars from the different Championships coming through.

According to ewrc-results next year’s Trackrod will be a week later, running on the final weekend of September.

Can we expect next year’s calendar revealed in about a month’s time like last year?
    Last edited by HKSjbg; 24th September 2023 at 19:24.

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    'Heroes don't die, they just move on to the next stage.' CMac Forever

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/meeke...t-clark-rally/

Kris Meeke entered for the RAC, going to be some event this year!

12. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (27th September 2023),Paul Hudson (27th September 2023),the sniper (30th September 2023)
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRrt...lyChampionship

BRC - Trackrod Rally highlights......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???