Page 9 of 109 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I think there's more mutual respect between JML and Ott so I'm sure it will not be as dramatic.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I think there's more mutual respect between JML and Ott so I'm sure it will not be as dramatic.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    if only Rovanpera has a full programm will be easy.

Liked 338 Times in 179 Posts
    Its safe to say that if after all this "shenanigans" Mikkelsen stays without factory seat, his Rally1 career is done. And its a little bit sad, cause I really believe he deserves another/last chance to prove himself.

4. Likes: cali (5th November 2022),pantealex (5th November 2022),skarderud (4th November 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Isnt Toyota going with Kalle, Elfyn, Katsuta....and Ogier entering a 4th car sometimes?

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    It would be quite epic combo if Tänak goes to Toyota:
    Only epic about it would be the final year of WRC because such line-up would kill the whole sport. Nobody but Toyota would win anything, or perhaps get anywhere near the podium even. Hyundai would quit, leaving WRC as Toyota one make series and they would quit too since competition without reasonable opposition is completely pointless.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (4th November 2022),cali (5th November 2022),Eli (4th November 2022),kure91 (6th November 2022),PLuto (5th November 2022),skarderud (4th November 2022),steve.mandzij (4th November 2022),TWRC (5th November 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Isnt Toyota going with Kalle, Elfyn, Katsuta....and Ogier entering a 4th car sometimes?
    That's what I've heard. Or to be clear, when Ogier drives, he will be in the 3rd car for manufacturer points and Katsuta in the 4th car outside manufacturer points, but it's just a detail.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    And Tanak doing what? Still sounds more likely to me that he will do part time Toyota with Ogier.

Also more likely Toyota dropped Lappi for him than Katsuta. But I guess it depends how many starts Ogier does.

Liked 617 Times in 328 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    And Tanak doing what? Still sounds more likely to me that he will do part time Toyota with Ogier.

Also more likely Toyota dropped Lappi for him than Katsuta. But I guess it depends how many starts Ogier does.
    I think he's done for good. The timing of his announcement is a request for a cake in Japan else it could've been kept quiet.

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    Its safe to say that if after all this "shenanigans" Mikkelsen stays without factory seat, his Rally1 career is done. And its a little bit sad, cause I really believe he deserves another/last chance to prove himself.
    I'd say the same with Paddon. He recently did an interview where he stated he was happy how it is now, driving a couple Rally1 events and continuing his NZ work/driving and not having to be based in Europe. It was nice to hear he's at peace with it.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 2,278 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    I think it's also fair to say he's had ample chances. 3 (almost 4) full seasons in a 1 team championship with the most dominant car in wrc history, 2years in another championship winning & rallying win team in Hyundai. And has had a lot of support over the years from skoda even before wrc or when he's been dropped from the top class. He also has sponsorship and backing. Not many drivers get it that good.

Toyota ignored him in 2017, even when Hanninen was awful for the first half of the year and JML had been broken down slowly by Ogier in the VW years. Msport have repeatedly never been interested unless he pays, Hyundai signed him then kicked him, and now have overlooked him for a full season if rumours are to be believed. It seems team bosses and teams driver analysts just aren't keen.

Imo he's clearly good enough to be in the top class considering the drivers at Msport right now. But unfortunately we don't have enough manufacturers, and plenty of other drivers who feel they also deserve a shot/a few seasons/some support/a last chance etc etc...
    Last edited by er88; 5th November 2022 at 03:10.

13. Likes: Eli (5th November 2022),focus206 (5th November 2022),pantealex (5th November 2022),Rally Hokkaido (5th November 2022),steve.mandzij (5th November 2022)