Page 106 of 109 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1084
    Liked 12,216 Times in 5,245 Posts

2023 WRC News & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    I don't know how much there have been "searching for clicks" involved with some certain articles, but via media it seems that Neuville and Lappi are not in too friendly relationship with Tänak. From that point of view, if 2 drivers want to develop car in one direction and one driver in another... does not seem like a bright future coming.
    Exactly my thoughts about the car, they are so different in that regard

About the relationships, IMO it didn’t seem that bad between him and Thierry and in Tänak the Movie:Series both Lappi and Tänak say they got a long extremely well

The last sentence there in the article is weird or it’s wrong translation?

“On the other hand, it is evident that there is no desire or intention to move forward, at least on Ott's side.”
    Last edited by EstWRC; 12th September 2023 at 10:20.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Exactly my thoughts about the car, they are so different in that regard

About the relationships, IMO it didn’t seem that bad between him and Thierry and in Tänak the Movie:Series both Lappi and Tänak say they got a long extremely well

The last sentence there in the article is weird or it’s wrong translation?

“On the other hand, it is evident that there is no desire or intention to move forward, at least on Ott's side.”
    correctish as move forward = continue. but i read as the other side is m-sport.

Liked 12,216 Times in 5,245 Posts
    Ah yes. I guess that’s what they mean
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,374 Times in 4,987 Posts
    Such a pity that Tanak didnt come back to M-Sport earlier and help develop the Puma for his driving style.

Changing the team direction and having another top driver already in residence was never going to be easy at Hyundai.

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Such a pity that Tanak didnt come back to M-Sport earlier and help develop the Puma for his driving style.

Changing the team direction and having another top driver already in residence was never going to be easy at Hyundai.
    Would’ve been nice seeing him & Breen in M-Sport last year but I guess it wasn’t meant to be.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

6. Likes: cali (12th September 2023),Jewy46 (13th September 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts

My understanding is that Tänak went to Hyundai to be able to be important part of building new car for his liking but Hyundai as a team failed big time during that process so it was wasted time for him.

And at the moment - Tänak is "too confident" in the interview and say out that he wants to continue (compare with last year) - so I guess the actual deal is done or really close to it. But what the deal is - I have no idea.

8. Likes: cali (12th September 2023),EstWRC (12th September 2023),TWRC (13th September 2023)
    Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    Have you been in Rally Estonia? We have stage that even team members can go and spectate, we had even tanks in Service. Rally start was ca 15 min walk in in city center with good bands, big show and everything. Its all there, + huge crowds. Unfortunately this rally is not in calendar for next year. There are a few more good examples (Finland, Mexico, Argentina, Sardegna (Alghero), Ypres, maybe Japan). But in many places we are in the middle of no-where, like in Lamia (ideal spot would have been Kamena Vuorla), Turkey, Germany, GB (last editions), Kenya, Croatia, Spain, Gap, Umea, Porto (so, so), etc.
    Never been to Estonia, but good to hear they do it like that there! Finland is like you say also good example.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    The long days without service isnt right and its reducing the chances of crews continuing when there are already a low number of Rally 1 cars.

The Teams and mechanics also need to be made part of the story. Like in F1 where the bèst pit stops, running repairs and strategy are an important factor in the races.
    I agree. What could be small problems become big problems because there is no more service to fix them. It has taking much of the old heroism away, there's no more point to try and get to the end of a stage on 3 wheels or something similar after an accident since there's nobody there to help you anymore.

Midday service should be the least.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (13th September 2023),satnav (13th September 2023)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The thing is that WRC is in a vicious circle. It kind of needs to go electric (and the manufacturers want that) but in the same time it can't.

Anyway the WRC shall finally get rid of manufacturer homologations and allow privately developed cars. That could keep the sinking ship afloat for quite some time.
    It doesn't need to go electric. It doesn't even needed to go hybrid.

All it needs to do is put on some fancy names and stickers saying green, blue, electric,...
    It's all just a facade for the manufacturers anyway, so why even bother to make it real?
    The actual fans don't care about it, and the people that really do care about it hate motorsport anyway.

It's nothing but greenwashing towards those that know nothing about the sport.

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/what-...ropolis-visit/

Talking a lot without saying anything, spoken like a true politician.
    I honestly don’t know why they aren’t doing a global fans survey like they did back in 2014, boggles the mind.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

14. Likes: AndyRAC (14th September 2023),cali (15th September 2023)