Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I still don't understand why rallit.fi or DF should apologize.
    I don't think they should either and I'm not calling for them to. I said if they were making quotes up in people's name, they should apologise.

The FIA Steward's report clearly shows that what Dirtfish said that the FIA said, cannot possibly be true: "Very quickly after the red flag, a [civilian] car was identified on the stage."

We could be open to these two events are not related because sequentially it's true, but why say it.: "Following an accident involving car 42 (Craig Breen/James Fulton), the stage was red flagged."

Either the FIA attempted to cover this civvy car up early on before realising they couldn't, something was lost in understanding through various people at the FIA, something was lost in understanding with media, or something is lost on me.

Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Weird how Japanese people who are so hard working and well organized, organized this mess.
    Organizing a world wrc rally(or another world class event) is very different thing.
    See Greece with Olympics and Acropolis.

3. Likes: cali (12th November 2022),focus206 (12th November 2022)
    Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    I don't think they should either and I'm not calling for them to. I said if they were making quotes up in people's name, they should apologise.

The FIA Steward's report clearly shows that what Dirtfish said that the FIA said, cannot possibly be true: "Very quickly after the red flag, a [civilian] car was identified on the stage."

We could be open to these two events are not related because sequentially it's true, but why say it.: "Following an accident involving car 42 (Craig Breen/James Fulton), the stage was red flagged."

Either the FIA attempted to cover this civvy car up early on before realising they couldn't, something was lost in understanding through various people at the FIA, something was lost in understanding with media, or something is lost on me.
    In any human endeavour the first reports/articles almost never describe exact sequenece of events.

It is only lately that many people think it's because of some conspiracy.

Many years ago media wouldn't release any info until everything is confirmed. These days people write anything they heard first and (sometimes) correct afterwards.
    Last edited by mknight; 12th November 2022 at 20:55.

Liked 846 Times in 391 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Weird how Japanese people who are so hard working and well organized, organized this mess.
    Maybe it's a sign that stereotypes are, you know, stereotypes. It's not enough to be a country considered well organized to automatically be able to organize a certain event.

6. Likes: becher (12th November 2022)
    Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
    As it looks in service parc and on radar for Aichi no rain in at least next 2 hours... But we will see how things develope - I keep fingers crossed for first Elfyn's win in this 'new' cars and momentum rising up before next season for Welsh.

Liked 9,379 Times in 4,991 Posts
    Big day for Elfyn Evans. A win for Toyota on their home rally would be huge for them and cement his place in the team.

Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
    Interesting tyre choice - H's with 2 2 2 mix, Toyota without rain tyres, except Taka with 1 rain tyre. Kalle 5 hard
    Msport clearly expecting rain.

Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Seb slammed Pirelli again in morning service. Said they're an absolute joke and it's a shame nobody will have the conversation because they're the sponsor and he's glad he's not fighting for the championship.

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Seems a big day for Hyundai too. A victory would not only mean beating Toyota on home soil but also the highly symbolically victory of being Asian's number one. And maybe a victory here might cement Hyundai stay in WRC if there might be some doubt about it as already voiced by that Solberg kid

12. Likes: Eli (12th November 2022),Rally Hokkaido (12th November 2022)
    Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    When you look at windy.com it says a little rain for the whole region 1-3mm but up to 7-10mm just as around SS17 when it starts
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

14. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (12th November 2022)