Hybrid View

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it (and lot of them will not do it anyway). Maybe it should be better to sell to TV only some stages, but do it in more proper way...

Liked 665 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it (and lot of them will not do it anyway). Maybe it should be better to sell to TV only some stages, but do it in more proper way...
    That is what happens, isn't it?

Even in the event itineraries it clearly notes which stages are Live TV stages.

Seems to be maybe 4-5 per rally (including Power STage).

3. Likes: WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it
    7AM in Europe is some different time in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ...
    so it's not that simple...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

5. Likes: WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    7AM in Europe is some different time in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ...
    There is a question how many hardcore fans is in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ... I dont have numbers of viewers, so difficult to say. But early starts in WRC is going against the competitors and also against the spectators. It is (maybe) good only for TV...

7. Likes: pantealex (14th June 2022),WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Liked 621 Times in 332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    No one other than a hardcore / existing fan is ever going to watch or get sucked in by All LIve.

Same with other motor-racing. You think people get interested by watching a practice session or qualifying? No way...
    I've noticed this year ITV4 have stifled the BTCC output to the final race of each series, where they used to do the full Sunday. This weekend they preferred to show 2 films from the 1950s. Don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Wouldn't even travel that far. Sunday in Estonia will kick of at 4:48am for us. Not going to happen, because I can catch up in my own time, but this is still a hardcore fan thing to do.