Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Champix (stop smoking drug)

So anyone tried it?

Sounds quite impressive.

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27001174/

http://www.champixinfo.co.uk/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Never heard off it, I gave up 3 years ago using Zyban prescribed by a smoking cessation clinic which worked for me never bothered about smoking since. I used to smoke 30 a day for 20 years and had tried all the other options like Gum/patches etc,etc. i don't think there is a cure all something work better for some people where as others require something different
    Only here for the :beer:

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I've smoked pretty well none stop since I was 11 at about 20 a day now and I'm 38.

But when I moved in with my now wife I tried quitting managed the best part of 6 months with will power alone but slipeed whilst watching the World Cup and drinking, had a Hamlet, then started doing that when out drinking, then Cafe Creme cigarellos, then figured might as well go back to the Marlboros as they were cheaper and had filters.

I've thought about these smoking groups but didn't think somebody telling me

it'll kill me
    costs the earth
    makes me stink
    etc etc

Would work as I know all that already.

Tried patches, they usually just fell off and I still smoked when I had them on which I believe is mega bad news as you can OD on nicotene.

Tried hypnosis and fell asleep :-(

Tried acupuncture had a smoke on the way home.

This drug is meant to be more succesful than Zyban and nowadays it's not like they charge you the earth for the medication.

Anyone used a book like Alan Carrs?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought the clinic would be the same as you people sitting round tell each other how evil it is not for me. Actually turned out to be Just me and a Nurse who measured my output levels and had a chat about how it was going not what i expected . i detest someone trying to preach to me about whats good for you I believe in people making their own choice.
    Only here for the :beer:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I found a dog easy way to stop smoking... not buy any.
    Simple.

I've been using the $10 in the interim on other pursuits such as petrol, beer, potatoes... the easiest way to double your money is to fold it in half and stick it back in your pocket.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    beer, potatoes.
    Yep, managed to put on 2 stone in 97

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi,

Yeah i tried Champix when i smoke. But i buy champix from here http://www.champix-online.co.uk

Now Since 2 years i am not smoking. And its good to see that more people want to get rid of this bad addiction. When i saw this forums, talking about the quit smoking, i am very happy to see people to aware about quit smoking. I did not have account in this forums, i just sing up in this forum and post in it about my feelings.

"Really smoking is very bad habbit, Please people quit smoking as soon as possible"

I always read over the internet some people who does not succeed to quit smoking, their end would very bad.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    funny you should bring this up BM, I went to the docs monday to see about going on the stuff, can't get a straight prescription, I have to go to some clinic first then get it issued. I know 4 people at work who have all used it and all 4 are doing well on it, one of them was a pretty heavy smoker too.Got to be worth a try in my book
    England, Land of Hope and Curry :)

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I'm on my 3rd week of it now, told them I'd tried Zyban unsuccessfully to get the Champix, but people have had some serious side effects from the Champix inc heart issues and some have topped themselves.

I've had very bad acid indigestion and a few mild headaches. Being sick is quite common apparently.

But no tabs, so far, miss them mind.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Luckily I don't have the problem of giving up.When you are fourteen and all your mates are already trying to quit and everyone else you know that smokes also hates it the whole thing doesn't seem so attractive. So besides the odd cigar and other forms of smoking I've never tried it.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.