I'm still up in the air as to why the Sprints exist myself. Even with the new points system it seems to be a lot of potential work for the payout, and possible disaster if a car torpedos up the inside of the first corner or something. There is enough risk during the race, and any problems with contact could wear team personnel thin in a hurry.

I'm confused as to their solution on having alternating race directors, but a standing assistant. I would have thought they would do that the opposite way myself. But with more coverage and the "Virtual Race Control".... video feeds and such routed to assist, hopefully they can figure out how to keep things consistent. Direct communications with the race directors will be gone, but communications for clarifications and questions will still feed to them via less intrusive means.

There is still more to be clarified before the season opener, including unlapping procedures behind the safety car. I'm hoping they can sort out a lot of inconsistencies that have taken place over the years, both before and during Masi.

Time to blame someone else for what happens.