Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1207
  1. #1101
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    22,554
    Like
    7,853
    Liked 11,245 Times in 4,460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If confirmed it's no surprise whatsoever as the current Manufacturers have all the power.

    For them, finding other ways of getting extra Rally1 cars running was way more attractive than changing the Regs mid-cycle.

    And let's be fair, any extra Rally1 cars aren't likely to be super-competitive as there just aren't the drivers to compete with the current elite drivers anyway.
    IMO any radical change without being announced at least 2 years ahead logically can not bring any new manufacturers anyway and doing a change just for the sake of change isn't a strategy.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  2. Likes: Backa (23rd May 2024),Eli (23rd May 2024),EstWRC (23rd May 2024),Jewy46 (24th May 2024),kure91 (24th May 2024),Lead (23rd May 2024),pedro16 (23rd May 2024),PLuto (23rd May 2024),TWRC (24th May 2024)
  3. #1102
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    14,137
    Like
    6,891
    Liked 12,282 Times in 5,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    IMO any radical change without being announced at least 2 years ahead logically can not bring any new manufacturers anyway and doing a change just for the sake of change isn't a strategy.
    This!!!!

    Mirek speaks pure gold here all the time.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

  4. Likes: Backa (23rd May 2024),Eli (23rd May 2024),Walach (24th May 2024)
  5. #1103
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,805
    Like
    3,616
    Liked 1,520 Times in 868 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    IMO any radical change without being announced at least 2 years ahead logically can not bring any new manufacturers anyway and doing a change just for the sake of change isn't a strategy.
    Honestly they really should be getting them 2027 regs. out before the end of this season.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

  6. Likes: EstWRC (23rd May 2024)
  7. #1104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    677
    Like
    114
    Liked 435 Times in 232 Posts
    FIA got scared dead by Hyundai. Just Ben Sulayem didn't have the guts to challenge them, so they let WRC rot and focus on F1's golden goose... They could have at least killed the hybrids and replace carbon parts with plastic to bring costs down, but no... Same old shit... For maybe 2 extra cars here or there... Disappointing... Would be funny if Hyundai still insists on jumping elsewhere, Toyota gets wooed by another F1 shot and M-Sport/Ford dilute resources into WEC/Dakar and F1...

  8. #1105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    137
    Like
    39
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That would be a disaster for regional and national championships ERC included. There's a reason why nobody voted for that.
    but it would be just a two year solution. the manufacturers would not ramp up the costs, they would more likely run costumer programs like in tcr.
    but anyway, manufacturers won the battle. two more years of the same stuff, that its not exaaactly awesome right now imo

  9. #1106
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    22,554
    Like
    7,853
    Liked 11,245 Times in 4,460 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    but it would be just a two year solution. the manufacturers would not ramp up the costs, they would more likely run costumer programs like in tcr.
    but anyway, manufacturers won the battle. two more years of the same stuff, that its not exaaactly awesome right now imo
    The cost would never go back again and the damage to the regional and national championship would be permanent while the benefit for the WRC would be just temporary. R5/Rally2 worked perfectly for what it was designed and only a fool would destroy it.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  10. Likes: Backa (23rd May 2024),Eli (24th May 2024),EstWRC (24th May 2024),Jeppe (23rd May 2024),Jewy46 (24th May 2024),lancia037 (24th May 2024),TWRC (24th May 2024)
  11. #1107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    703
    Like
    692
    Liked 409 Times in 218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How is a one-shot drive of an old retired driver supposed to make the championship more exciting?
    +10

  12. #1108
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    8,386
    Like
    512
    Liked 3,826 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    but it would be just a two year solution. the manufacturers would not ramp up the costs, they would more likely run costumer programs like in tcr.
    but anyway, manufacturers won the battle. two more years of the same stuff, that its not exaaactly awesome right now imo
    But in reality, NOBODY wants this solution. No Rally1 manufacturers, no Rally2 manufacturers. And mostly also no drivers. It was only that commission who presented their ideas who wanted to make changes like this...

  13. Likes: Eli (24th May 2024),EstWRC (24th May 2024),Jewy46 (24th May 2024),lancia037 (24th May 2024),Mirek (23rd May 2024),Walach (24th May 2024),WRCStan (23rd May 2024)
  14. #1109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2024
    Posts
    137
    Like
    39
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    so let me get this straight:

    - wrc is in a pretty shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping...
    - then fia/wrc thought: "well this is bad, we need to change, even if the decisions are rough",
    - everybody on the planet agreed with that.
    - then after months of 'talking', meeting, fan surveys (!!), they even presented those weird concept.... they decided that nothing is going to change,
    - then suddenly everybody thinks thats the right thing to do... and wrc will continue in the same shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping.

    ...like... wtf? why this talk even started? if "this is the obvious thing to do" the whole time? haha this is madness
    Last edited by saco0o; 23rd May 2024 at 22:48.

  15. Likes: skarderud (24th May 2024)
  16. #1110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    224
    Like
    0
    Liked 181 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    so let me get this straight:

    - wrc is in a pretty shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping...
    - then fia/wrc thought: "well this is bad, we need to change, even if the decisions are rough",
    - everybody on the planet agreed with that.
    - then after months of 'talking', meeting, fan surveys (!!), they even presented those weird concept.... they decided that nothing is going to change,
    - then suddenly everybody thinks thats the right thing to do... and wrc will continue in the same shitty moment with only 6 full-time entries, with msport not having money to hire drivers, with hyundai and toyota running 3rd cars for the same guys forever, audience dropping.

    ...like... wtf? why this talk even started? if "this is the obvious thing to do" the whole time? haha this is madness
    Spot on ! Well at least let's hope (i) that all the "side changes discussed (promotion, different formats etc....) are implemented next year, together with a revamp of the point system and (ii) that they come up with something smart for 2027

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •