Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Problem is half the time the teams' PR machines dont like any story that "isn't on message"! Luis smashing his helmet through the back window of the stranded Corolla in Margam Park or Colin kicking a fuel can after being told to slow down in Cataluyna would be airbrushed out.

As much as we can't really go back to roadside service due to H&S constraints as much as anything I think bringing the cars and drivers back from behind these buildings the teams drag round with them would be a good thing regardless of what formula the cars run to

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Here's a story of McRae vs Sainz, thanks to Red Bull:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Zjm7ec4Fo
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Wow! Is there a series about Carlos Sainz?
    https://www.redbull.com/int-en/shows...ive-to-compete
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Ok I didn't know if you mean personal stories like how one man overcame adversity to become champion, or the drama like Red Bull Horner has now...
    IMHO it can be whatever story which brings positive interest of the wider public and potential customers (interest from 10 years old children doesn't bring much). I dare to say that simple entertainment may attract more people than green-oriented catchwords.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Jarek Z (16th February 2024),seb_sh (16th February 2024)
    Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The key point is to find the story to sell to the public, a story which is so powerful that the new manufacturers see it as a opportunity for their promotion. Nothing else will work. And to be honest I don't think that the technical formula is all that important in that. IMHO the work done on social networks is way more important than argueing over and over again about how the new car shall look like.
    Spot on!!!

That's exactly the reason why I reached my 1250 characters in the final feedback of my survey.

With whatever car you will do the championship, this won't change LITERALLY anything in terms of ROI for Manufacturers and for brands that wants to invest on privateers. The key metrics to assess an investment in a series are totally different.

A perfect example of this logic is why many manufacturers are investing in Formula E: racing in the middle of big cities, with entertainment/marketing/fun opportunities for fans, VIP invited by sponsors and stakeholders of the championship. It's a full experience, I felt that I was in the middle of a motorsport festival.

If you analyze the Social Media engagement rate from WRC and FE (with professional softwares like Hootsuite or Sprout Social), FE wins by huge margin.

Every small thing is told like an epic story. You'd say: I don't want WRC becoming the set of a hollywood movie. Agree, but WRC needs stories. If it's artificial like Oliver Solberg wearing women underwear before Sweden and being "constricted" entering the service park few days ago, but it works, let's go for it!

We're living in the world of TikTok and of any type of Reels (either we like it or not, let's make peace with our mind), time has changed and WRC need to make a huge step forward to fulfill this gap.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Matt Edwards (3× British Rally Champion)

Does it not answer the question about WRC's future that one of the most interesting days in recent WRC history has included new names on stage leaderboards in difficult conditions?
    WRC needs depth which means more accessibility for privateers.

8. Likes: Jarek Z (16th February 2024),RS (16th February 2024)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Still I need to repeat that you won't make WRC better by making it cheaper. That will not bring new manufacturers. The key point is to find the story to sell to the public, a story which is so powerful that the new manufacturers see it as a opportunity for their promotion. Nothing else will work. And to be honest I don't think that the technical formula is all that important in that. IMHO the work done on social networks is way more important than argueing over and over again about how the new car shall look like.
    Isn’t the point of making the cars cheaper to build and run to make them more accessible for private teams and drivers?

The FIA say they want 25 top level cars at the startline, that’s never going to happen with just manufacturer crews.

10. Likes: becher (17th February 2024)
    Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    The question relating to 2030, and although Rally2 and Rally1 being different, consider these brands are...

1. 100% electric
    2. Budget for a reason and probably pivoting to ROW markets where electric and WRC isn't important
    3. Electrifying fast, Uturn on electrification pace possibly incoming however return to motorsport association unlikely.
    4. 100% electric by 2030
    5. Uturned on 100% electric for business case but presents as a leading electric brand
    6. 100% electric by 2028.
    I'll be brief..

F1 fans aren't fans because they can go out and buy a Ferrari or high end Benz or McLaren on Monday are they?

Same with NASCAR... well maybe you can go buy a Camry on Monday but they're not the same!

Something's done right with those two sports yes... how can Rallying become the same or utilize what they're got that WRC doesn't have?

Fair enough that WRC is going "Greener" but it's a shame it is not what it use to be. With stories and higher personalities.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Trying to response to Mirek's comment but can't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    Spot on!!!

That's exactly the reason why I reached my 1250 characters in the final feedback of my survey.

With whatever car you will do the championship, this won't change LITERALLY anything in terms of ROI for Manufacturers and for brands that wants to invest on privateers. The key metrics to assess an investment in a series are totally different.

A perfect example of this logic is why many manufacturers are investing in Formula E: racing in the middle of big cities, with entertainment/marketing/fun opportunities for fans, VIP invited by sponsors and stakeholders of the championship. It's a full experience, I felt that I was in the middle of a motorsport festival.

If you analyze the Social Media engagement rate from WRC and FE (with professional softwares like Hootsuite or Sprout Social), FE wins by huge margin.

Every small thing is told like an epic story. You'd say: I don't want WRC becoming the set of a hollywood movie. Agree, but WRC needs stories. If it's artificial like Oliver Solberg wearing women underwear before Sweden and being "constricted" entering the service park few days ago, but it works, let's go for it!

We're living in the world of TikTok and of any type of Reels (either we like it or not, let's make peace with our mind), time has changed and WRC need to make a huge step forward to fulfill this gap.
    The WRC really needs a series like the F1 on Netflix or the new NASCAR one. I've just started watching the NASCAR series and it's interesting. I'm hooked into the characters.

The Promotor for the WRC has to let loose... they're too tight on everything and letting news and opinions out, same with footage which is sad. Trying to keep it clean. I can understand it's more wild than a racing track sport (F1) but still... they're got their hands around the sports neck.

WRC on Netflix to broaden the audience, showcase the characters and properly how much M-Sport are the underdog. Imagine, sponsors seeing this and the history of two world champs coming in to compete in a Fiesta/Puma WRC and winning events (!) yet having young guns learning and drowning the team... Could do wonders for a team like that getting Ford in proper OR at least more $$$$ in sponsorship for the team and sport.

13. Likes: Katvala (22nd February 2024)
    Just to note - the M-Sport social media content creator left the team in 2023 and is now with Hyundai - you'll notice a lot more hip content on social media including TikTok and Instagram with the new team ie Hyundai Grand Theft Auto style video ahead of Monte. It went "viral".

Solberg hitting social media hard well too with his undergarment of choice ahead of Sweden