Verstappen has 'got the itch' to get back to it at Spa.
"I’m feeling ready to race again after a good break," Verstappen said in Red Bull's race weekend preview.
24/08/2022 at 12:51
Phillip van Osten

Max Verstappen is reset and rested after a leisurely summer break and ready to get back to work at Spa-Francorchamps, his favourite track.

"The upgrades to the track have made it a little more old school with the gravel traps which I think is a good idea," commented Verstappen, who won last year's race at Spa.”

"It’s my favourite track so I’m looking forward to racing there this weekend. It looks like there might be rain around which will make it more tricky, but luckily as a team we like a challenge."

‘My Favourite Track’;

https://f1i.com/news/451433-verstapp...it-at-spa.html

Verstappen: Ready to race after a good break
24 August, 2022
Paul Velasco

Max Verstappen is fired up and ready to go after the summer break, the Red Bull driver has an eighty-point lead as part two of the 2022 Formula 1 season gets underway with the Belgian Grand Prix this weekend.

“It will be a busy triple header but it will be okay to manage as we’ve all had a rest. The upgrades to the track have made it a little more old school with the gravel traps which I think is a good idea.”

“It’s my favourite track so I’m looking forward to racing there this weekend. It looks like there might be rain around which will make it more tricky, but luckily as a Team we like a challenge,” added Verstappen who will be hard to beat this Sunday.”

‘As a Team we like a challenge’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/08...an-gp-preview/

Sergio Perez highly motivated ahead of F1's return
Published: 24 Aug 2022, 17:07
By George Dagless

Sergio Perez is sounding highly motivated ahead of the Formula 1 season returning, as the paddock heads to the Belgian Grand Prix. The Mexican driver was, at one point, Max Verstappen’s nearest rival in the title fight but some reliability issues has left Perez, as well as the likes of Charles Leclerc, well off of the pace as we head towards the final nine races of the year.

Indeed, Max is very much in the pound-seats as things stand and Checo will be aware that the longer the gap stays as big as it is the more likely it is that he’ll be asked to play rear-gunner, and give up his own title aspirations for another year. For now, though, it’s as you were between the two Red Bull drivers and Perez sounds hugely motivated to kick off the second part of the season with a positive result at Spa-Francorchamps:

“I am massively looking forward to being back in the RB18 and getting out on track again. It has been a good break and I have really recharged for the second half of the season and I am ready for it. There are great races coming up, especially Belgium on a track that I always enjoy and the fans are always amazing there. I cannot wait to get back to work and see my team. I think it’s nice to start after the break with a triple header, where we can really get into our rhythm.”

‘Perez highly motivated’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88051761...-of-f1s-return

‘Anything can happen’ – Perez refusing to rule out title charge in remaining 9 races of 2022
22 August 2022

Sergio Perez currently sits 85 points behind team mate and championship leader Max Verstappen in the drivers’ standings. But the Mexican has made it clear he has no plans to give up on the title fight, insisting that “anything can happen.”

At the Hungarian Grand Prix, Perez was asked whether he intended to help Verstappen seal his second championship in a row or if he still had aspirations to close the gap in the title race. And the three-time race winner chose the latter option, insisting that there is still everything to play for.

“I think at the moment everything is still very open, so we have to keep pushing,” said Perez. “Ferrari have been a bit faster than us in the last couple of races, so we just have to keep pushing hard and anything can happen.

‘Anything can happen’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...8wuFUmVy3.html

Red Bull strategist Hannah Schmitz on working relationship with Max Verstappen
Sunday 21st August 2022 5:00 PM
Jamie Woodhouse

Hannah Schmitz, Red Bull’s principal strategy engineer, says Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez take a keen interest in that side of Formula 1. In particular when it comes to race day, the strategical calls made by a team can be crucial. In the midfield, it can be the difference between scoring points and missing out, while up front it can determine which driver wins the race.

For Red Bull, the 2022 campaign has been spent in that latter category, the Austrian outfit having won nine of the opening 13 races, while the strategical calls made by rivals Ferrari have been criticised on multiple occasions.

Schmitz has been earning the plaudits for her role in Red Bull’s triumphs this season, the team now 97 points clear of Ferrari in the Constructors’ Championship, while Verstappen holds an 80-point lead in the Drivers’ standings.

‘Red Bull strategist Hannah Schmitz’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bu...rstappen-work/

Max Verstappen praises return of gravel at 'old-school' Spa-Francorchamps
24 August 2022
Ben Issatt

Max Verstappen has praised the return of gravel traps at multiple corners around "old-school" Spa-Francorchamps. Over the winter, the historic Belgian Grand Prix circuit underwent a major revamp, with the main purpose being to accommodate the return of bike racing.

To do this, many corners that previously had tarmac run-offs now have gravel, including La Source, Les Combes, Blanchimont and the Bus Stop. Shortly after the renovation was completed, the reigning Formula 1 champion got a first taste of the circuit back in April as he drove a Red Bull RB7 for a promotional video.

And ahead of this weekend's race, he gave his view on the changes. "The upgrades to the track have made it a little more old school with the gravel traps which I think is a good idea," he said. “It’s my favourite track so I’m looking forward to racing there this weekend.”

‘Return of gravel at 'old-school' Spa-Francorchamps praised’;

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...-francorchamps