Page 59 of 141 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    It's not like these drivers can change anything about the war, can they?
    Putin wouldn't care if a Russian can or can't drive in F1 or WRC.

2. Likes: WRCStan (2nd March 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think it's more about representing the country and marketing the local sponsors.

Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    It's a bit tricky sanctioning individuals who are not representing that country. They may well oppose the invasion of Ukraine and want peace, like Lukyanuk for example.

Gryazin has also driven under a neutral flag of the RAF (Russian Automobile Federation) for quite some time. He has a Latvian background.

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    They all should be banned, simple!
    Gryazin was driving with RAF flag as he was not allowed to drive with russian flag. He was sometimes using Latvian just to make his life easier. But always he was carrying on his car "from russia with love" sentence and always his starts were paid by russian oligarch.

6. Likes: AnttiL (2nd March 2022),cali (5th March 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    i got that in f1 drivers can enter without representing flag, while teams and sponsorship are banned...maybe i got it wrong!

Liked 619 Times in 330 Posts
    I'm getting vibes of "keep politics out of sport - unless it's something we care about". Sport should continue and switch venues for safety where appropriate. Let the government bodies and economic war make the decisions. I don't know much about ice hockey but I'll bet it wasn't a sporting context that led to the demand the Russians be kicked out of that league. Sad that some Polish footballers won't play against Russia too. As for rally, the Russian boys mentioned might be complete asshats not worthy of support, but then so could anybody. I wanted to see them on the stages before Putin's war and so still do.

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    They all should be banned, simple!
    Gryazin was driving with RAF flag as he was not allowed to drive with russian flag. He was sometimes using Latvian just to make his life easier. But always he was carrying on his car "from russia with love" sentence and always his starts were paid by russian oligarch.

Lets ban people from the uk and dubai and isreal and the us while we at it because they did no end of foolishness as well and isreal still doing bad things to palistine.

10. Likes: Katvala (23rd April 2022)
    Liked 12,234 Times in 5,258 Posts
    Former Hyundai factory driver Hayden Paddon will compete on a World Rally Championship event for the first time since 2019 after securing a deal to compete in WRC2 this year.

Paddon last appeared in the WRC on Rally GB in 2019, driving for M-Sport in an R5 Fiesta, and has more recently been working with Hyundai New Zealand to develop the world’s first electric rally car, the Kona EV.

But he will now switch back to a standard combustion engine, competing on selected WRC2 events throughout the year with Hyundai New Zealand in a Hyundai i20 N Rally2 car, with a view to competing full-time in the championship in 2023

“We are delighted to work with Hyundai New Zealand as we embark on a two-year WRC2 campaign with the new Hyundai i20 N Rally2 car,” said Paddon.

“This year we have planned a campaign which allows us to get up to speed with the awesome i20 N Rally2 car, the car’s development and team development, before undertaking a full seven-round campaign in 2023 with the sole goal of winning that championship title.”

Paddon’s first outing with Hyundai New Zealand will be on Rally Estonia in July, followed by Rally Finland in August, before tackling his home event, Rally New Zealand on September 29, and he will retain his long-time co-driver John Kennard.

This isn’t the first time Paddon has attempted to reboot his WRC career since his Rally GB appearance in 2019. He was set for a four-round WRC program – Portugal, Sardinia, Finland and New Zealand – at the wheel of a customer i20 Coupé WRC in 2020 until the COVID-19 pandemic derailed his plans.

“I’m really looking forward to rallying in Europe again!”

“We have been trying so hard over the past two years to get back to the WRC. It’s been tough with everything going on in the world.

“So together with Hyundai New Zealand we decided to take matters into our own hands, and launch a Kiwi team to take on the WRC2.

“I am really excited about doing this campaign with our own team. Of course it’s going to be challenging but we have a clear target for this two-year program and we will be putting our best foot forward to try and achieve that.”

“Without the support of Hyundai New Zealand, both our WRC2 campaign and the general health of rallying in New Zealand would not be where it is today, so I am hugely humbled for their faith in us to attempt to bring home a world title.

“And, of course, the return of WRC Rally New Zealand will be exciting for everyone, being a key ‘must do’ sporting event in New Zealand this year.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/paddo...6_qFDQ9k6itM2Q
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: AnttiL (3rd March 2022),cali (5th March 2022),skarderud (9th March 2022),steve.mandzij (3rd March 2022),TypeR (3rd March 2022)
    Liked 2,137 Times in 930 Posts
    WRC2 list will be very nice!

add Suninen also in summer

Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    After all that work him and his team did to develop an electric Hyundai Kona, Paddon is switching back to driving old tech. What was the point ?