Page 32 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    So, let’s change over to Rally3 cars then?

Liked 3,800 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    So they merged both championship and now forced majority of guys to create "team" and pay 13k to be a WRC2 driver's champion (Team 10k + 3k for Open). Moreover you will need create a team, pay for that and the team won't be visible in table.

Untill last year it was let's say fair a bit, cause WRC2 was mainly for Teams. But now it should be closer to WRC 3 or a bit balanced at least.

I am still thinking it is a mistake, but let's wait. Chris Ingram seems to be entered to Monte as Chris Ingram... so? If you are right, he will not be able to get points For guys like him, Kajetanowicz, Lindholm etc, promotion from WRC 3 to WRC 2 would mean over 400% increase in registration cost...
    It is not mistake...

3. Likes: Tom K (21st December 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    So they merged both championship and now forced majority of guys to create "team" and pay 13k to be a WRC2 driver's champion (Team 10k + 3k for Open). Moreover you will need create a team, pay for that and the team won't be visible in table.

Untill last year it was let's say fair a bit, cause WRC2 was mainly for Teams. But now it should be closer to WRC 3 or a bit balanced at least.

I am still thinking it is a mistake, but let's wait. Chris Ingram seems to be entered to Monte as Chris Ingram... so? If you are right, he will not be able to get points For guys like him, Kajetanowicz, Lindholm etc, promotion from WRC 3 to WRC 2 would mean over 400% increase in registration cost...
    You still understand it wrong. If Toksport pays the 10 000 entry fee, they can use that to run many drivers. It's not up to the drivers to pay that entry fee unless there's absolutely no other vacancies in other teams. And even in that case you could ask a friend to join you in your "team" to split that expense.

It's also an attraction for teams. "Rent a Rally2 car from us, we are one of the few teams in WRC2 this season".

I think Chris Ingram is driving for Toksport this year and the Montre entry list had lots of errors.

Difficult to say what a guy like Kajetanowicz would do. He probably has been in his private team for a long time, but will he enter that now?

It's another question how much motivation there is for guys who fought for WRC3 title but were typically P3-P6 in RC2, since now they will be against the WRC2 top guys. Maybe they are now more interested in ERC instead?

Finally, I might be wrong but this is how I have interpreted the rules.

Liked 3,796 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So, let’s change over to Rally3 cars then?
    Sounds like he would want to drop Rally1 and change to Rally2 (+). That didn't seem popular with manus either. It like is particularly hard for new manus to enter against those with massive R5 experience and be competetive.

IMO there's only one way to go for the top class. Full electric 3 years from now.

Anyway interesting that he starts off on the job by calling MSport openly for what they are.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Anyway interesting that he starts off on the job by calling MSport openly for what they are.
    You really don't like M-Sport, do you?

Liked 3,796 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    You really don't like M-Sport, do you?
    Why do you think that? MSport is a great private business with some great results and very good at developing new drivers
    (Fourmaux, Evans, Tanak etc, even though it not always works out (Camilli)).

MSport is not a (manu) team doing everything for win (as quoted by Suninen). The only thing I don't like about them is when their PR pretends something else.

Liked 310 Times in 150 Posts
    You still understand it wrong. If Toksport pays the 10 000 entry fee, they can use that to run many drivers. It's not up to the drivers to pay that entry fee unless there's absolutely no other vacancies in other teams. And even in that case you could ask a friend to join you in your "team" to split that expense.

It's also an attraction for teams. "Rent a Rally2 car from us, we are one of the few teams in WRC2 this season".

I think Chris Ingram is driving for Toksport this year and the Montre entry list had lots of errors.

Difficult to say what a guy like Kajetanowicz would do. He probably has been in his private team for a long time, but will he enter that now?

It's another question how much motivation there is for guys who fought for WRC3 title but were typically P3-P6 in RC2, since now they will be against the WRC2 top guys. Maybe they are now more interested in ERC instead?

Finally, I might be wrong but this is how I have interpreted the rules.
    Antti, with all due respect...

I know what are or were rules in WRC 2 when it was mainly for Teams. They merged championships where we had 6-10 cars (WRC 2) and 15-23 cars (WRC 3) so I do not know why you look at rules only through the prism of the strongest team.

1) the rules does not clarify if Toksport can enter more than 2 cars per event: "must enter and start with two (2) cars". Maybe they could rotate, Mikkelsen + Ingram in Monte, Mikkelsen + Gryazin in Sweden etc, but I do not see it possible...

2) Toksport will pay this 10k euro and can split it between drivers. But the rule says now: "In order to score points in the WRC2 Championship for
    Teams supported by a Manufacturer or independent, Drivers,
    Co-Drivers, Junior, Master and Teams must register with the
    FIA before the closing date of entries of the first rally entered.
    Registration in the WRC2 Championships is set at €100,000
    for teams with the Manufacturer name in the title or €10,000
    for an independent team. Any manufacturer registered as per
    Art. 5.2 does not need to pay the individual WRC2 Championship fee for Manufacturers. Registration for the WRC2 Open
    Championship, set at €3,000, must be made in the name
    of a driver holding a current and valid competitor’s licence
    Co-drivers are not required to register"

So if you are right, Toksport will pay entry fee for Teams, but still Mikkelsen, Bulacia, Ingram or any other need to pay 3k euro for WRC 2 Open. If you think they don't need to pay 3k euro, tell me for who these 3k euro are.

3) "And even in that case you could ask a friend to join you in your "team" to split that expense." - I will treat it like o joke, cause we are talking about World Rally Championship, not amateur rally where you can ask your friend "let's take one bigger lorry, transport will be cheaper per car".
    How would they do that? They are rivals and will make one team? "Friendzone Rally Team" If they have big sponsors, both of them would like to put it into name of the team.

It could work only in pairing like Gryazin - Brazzoli. One was top, and second was gentleman driver...

4) I do not think guys from P3-P6 in RC2 should be send to ERC... Ingram (1x champion) and Kajetanowicz (3x) for sure will be interested in going to ERC again... And being P3-P6 in RC2 it's not that bad.

Let me clarify - I do not know if it is mistake or not (like Pluto said) and you are right. But if you are, please don't tell me it's OK, because Toksport can this or that...
    Last edited by Tom K; 21st December 2021 at 11:59.

9. Likes: WRCStan (21st December 2021)
    Liked 619 Times in 330 Posts
    If Toksport pays the 10 000 entry fee, they can use that to run many drivers.
    6.2.2 Teams must enter 2 cars to score points. Or, 6.2.3 If they don't want teams points (or with the co/drivers don't want points) they can enter 1 car.

This doesn't allow a team to enter 3+ cars??? With Mikkelsen and Gryazin the Toksport team in Monte, Ingram must have entered himself, no (regardless whose car it is)?

Liked 619 Times in 330 Posts
    Thinking about this for past while, I'm clear now there is no mistake in the rule book, this mess is probably designed to sway privateers to WRC3 or ERC.

Every driver pays the registration fees now, that's the change to last year. The 'Open' does not mean it's an 'open' championship at all, that just a name that separates those who are not juniors and masters. But,

Rule 6.4.3 says Open and Junior Drivers won't score championship points unless they were entered by a Team. So presumably you can enter without being in a team if you don't care about the championship, I presume Chris Ingram knows this (see my previous post). Rule 6.4.4 says Masters can enter without being in a team and score in their championship. Fantastic example of equality and consistency.

I put this to you to correct. If I am right, also add in the WRC3 Junior farce, I sincerely wish Becs, Julian, etc and the social media teams the best for next year. Colossal f*ck up.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    6.2.2 Teams must enter 2 cars to score points. Or, 6.2.3 If they don't want teams points (or with the co/drivers don't want points) they can enter 1 car.

This doesn't allow a team to enter 3+ cars??? With Mikkelsen and Gryazin the Toksport team in Monte, Ingram must have entered himself, no (regardless whose car it is)?
    Maybe i'm wrong, but i think a team must enter 2 car to score points, but can also enter more than 2, provided that is paying the driver entry fee.

13. Likes: AnttiL (21st December 2021)