Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 925
  1. #911
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    101
    Like
    0
    Liked 88 Times in 47 Posts
    I guess there will be 30 rounds in few years

  2. Likes: cali (6th August 2022)
  3. #912
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,795
    Like
    2,076
    Liked 922 Times in 552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I guess there will be 30 rounds in few years
    With rotational system coming back to include them all
    If in doubt, flat out!

  4. #913
    Senior Member bomber21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    303
    Like
    16
    Liked 329 Times in 136 Posts
    This article explains the situation with Cyprus.

    https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/07/21/l...-and-criminal/

    The Cyprus Automobile Association on Thursday branded the finance ministry’s refusal to underwrite the holding of the Cyprus Rally over the next four years at WRC/ERC levels as “unreasonable and criminal”.

    But CAA president Antonis Michaelides said the offer from the FIA – the governing body of motor sport — still stood for 2023-2025 and expressed the hope that the government to emerge from the February 2023 elections will reconsider.

    Under the proposal, the Cyprus Rally 2023 would be held as part of the MERC (Middle East Rally Championship) or ERC (European Rally Championship) and those of 2024 and 2025 at WRC (World Rally Championship) level.

    Michaelides said he also had an informal chat with Disy’s president who told him that “the minister is unpersuadable.”


    So, with this government there is NO WAY for a WRC Rally Cyprus. If there is a new government in February 2023, we shall see.
    Last edited by bomber21; 5th August 2022 at 12:32.
    [Acropolis 2012 - Acropolis 2013 - Deutschland 2017 - Turkey 2018 - Spain 2019]

  5. Likes: AnttiL (5th August 2022)
  6. #914
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Exmuhle.....
    Posts
    4,969
    Like
    1,916
    Liked 975 Times in 542 Posts
    Latvia, Estonia & Finland....really?? It's nearly as bad as Spain having 3-4 MotoGP rounds......

    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  7. Likes: cali (6th August 2022),focus206 (6th August 2022),WRC1 (5th August 2022)
  8. #915
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,795
    Like
    2,076
    Liked 922 Times in 552 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    This article explains the situation with Cyprus.

    https://cyprus-mail.com/2022/07/21/l...-and-criminal/

    The Cyprus Automobile Association on Thursday branded the finance ministry’s refusal to underwrite the holding of the Cyprus Rally over the next four years at WRC/ERC levels as “unreasonable and criminal”.

    But CAA president Antonis Michaelides said the offer from the FIA – the governing body of motor sport — still stood for 2023-2025 and expressed the hope that the government to emerge from the February 2023 elections will reconsider.

    Under the proposal, the Cyprus Rally 2023 would be held as part of the MERC (Middle East Rally Championship) or ERC (European Rally Championship) and those of 2024 and 2025 at WRC (World Rally Championship) level.

    Michaelides said he also had an informal chat with Disy’s president who told him that “the minister is unpersuadable.”


    So, with this government there is NO WAY for a WRC Rally Cyprus. If there is a new government in February 2023, we shall see.

    So Portugal & Spain will remain for at least another year as some of you guys said Latvia are working on 2024, and Cyprus should've accepted the deal now to get the slot for next year.
    If in doubt, flat out!

  9. #916
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,712
    Like
    7,983
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,093 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Latvia, Estonia & Finland....really?? It's nearly as bad as Spain having 3-4 MotoGP rounds......
    Yeah, seems like too much of the same. I like Rally Estonia, I would like it to say. From what I've seen in Rally Liepaja, I don't think it's worth of WRC. Too much like driving on a highway and chicanes

  10. Likes: cali (5th August 2022)
  11. #917
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    572
    Like
    476
    Liked 247 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yeah, seems like too much of the same. I like Rally Estonia, I would like it to say. From what I've seen in Rally Liepaja, I don't think it's worth of WRC. Too much like driving on a highway and chicanes
    There are possible road/stage options to made rally Liepaja an interesting WRC event and they have organization behind that to do so. Im all for Latvia round, but Estonia in a same year seems too much. Rotating both events seems the best choice.

  12. #918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    487
    Like
    337
    Liked 322 Times in 168 Posts
    At least stick one in early spring or late autumn and get some weather variety. Liepaja was in winter in the past, so is Sweden under threat? Sure why not.

  13. #919
    Senior Member cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,240
    Like
    7,560
    Liked 1,241 Times in 523 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersX View Post
    Latvia is coming, most probably 2024 for 1 or max 2 years. Fast, flowing gravel, check ERC. However, switching EST and Lat would make more sense. Est event looked a bit artificial, in fact. Having Fin as only fast gravel alternative is boring; combining Fin with 1 rally in Baltics makes sense - spectacular speeds, nice pics and videos, good warm up-build up for classical Fin. Makes sense.
    Liepaja has been boring so far, dull roads.
    I actually don't mind Estonia being out of WRC bit we should have some better options to replace it.

    Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

  14. Likes: Eli (6th August 2022),WRCStan (6th August 2022)
  15. #920
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,795
    Like
    2,076
    Liked 922 Times in 552 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/loeb-...y-for-m-sport/

    Not much of a surprise really but nice to see him back again.
    If in doubt, flat out!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •