Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Masi is really messing up here with his lack of clarity in terms of the laps remaining etc.
    It is a bit embarrassing to be honest.
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Absolute nonsense. Plenty of races in Spa were held back in the day where there were worse conditions then this 1998, 1997 come to mind straight away, all of them in conditions much worse than this. Spain 96 much worse than this. This is just pathetic nonsense. Safety gone mad. F1 is a dangerous sport, if as a driver you can't deal with it, go play Golf.
    Actually 1997 and 1998 were lighter rain than this. This is a proper downpour and not light rain etc.
    Also, just because they did it in the past doesn't mean they should do it now.
    Like I said, this is an F1 race we want to see, and not a death race.
    The rain today is worse than it was at the start of Q3 and we saw what happened.
    TBH I'm really tired of this "they are gladiators" mentality. There is a difference between being brave and being stupid.
    Next time you are on the highway and this much rain comes down that you can't see the car or truck 5 meters in front of you, I would like to see you keep gunning it at full speed.
    And your car probably maxes out at 120mph, and you have wiper bladed and a windshield.
    I'm not here for a demolition derby. My inconvenience at the lack of racing is minor compared to the safety of the drivers and marshals.

3. Likes: Bagwan (29th August 2021)
    Absolute nonsense. Plenty of races in Spa were held back in the day where there were worse conditions then this 1998, 1997 come to mind straight away, all of them in conditions much worse than this. Spain 96 much worse than this. This is just pathetic nonsense. Safety gone mad. F1 is a dangerous sport, if as a driver you can't deal with it, go play Golf.
    also, do you remember Spa 1998?
    is that what you want to see? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o02s_g5AUUE

And this is Spa 1997 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEhPHPvXfLY
    The rain eased and it was only a wet track that then slowly dried with the sun peaking through after a few laps.
    Spain 1996 was pretty bad and probably should have been delayed a bit longer. Yes MSC was supreme, but there were plenty of incidents up and down the grid.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - PRACTICE 3
    27 29 Aug 2021 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa-Francorchamps

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-3.html

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2021 - QUALIFYING
    27 29 Aug 2021 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Spa-Francorchamps

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ualifying.html

Belgian GP delayed start due to adverse weather
    Spa, Belgium by Frank Parker
    29th August 2021

Belgian Grand Prix – The Belgian GP start has been delayed due to the continual rain affecting the circuit.
    Heavy rain has blighted the weekends’ running with the start being delayed by 25 minutes. The formation lap went underway at 15:25 local time, but the race was immediately red flagged and all drivers returned to the pitlane.
    The start procedure hasn’t been completed yet which means the two hour countdown rule has not yet begun (the rules state that races should not run longer than two hours). The stewards will need to assess the situation with more rain on the way and light conditions will only begin to deteriorate.

https://formulaspy.com/f1/belgian-gp...-weather-76089

F1 Belgian GP red-flagged after formation lap behind Safety Car
    F1 Lewis Larkam
    29 Aug 2021

The 2021 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix has been red-flagged due to heavy rain and poor visibility after a formation lap behind the Safety Car.
    With the Spa-Francorchamps circuit blanketed by mist and consistent heavy rain, the race start was initially delayed by 25 minutes before the field was eventually led away from the grid behind the Safety Car.
    After one full formation lap, the red flag was brought out following a number of complaints from the drivers, with race control announcing the start procedure had been suspended.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/986230...ind-safety-car

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    If a big bang happens like Spa 98 then it happens. It's up to the drivers to judge the conditions and that is why they are the best drivers in the world. Racing is dangerous, if they can't race in conditions like these then they should not be on F1.

I actually wouldn't blame the fans for storming the pit lane and wrecking the place. Maybe that's what needs to happen to wake these bunch of fannies up and stop this safety gone mad bullshit once and for all.They pay to come see racing not to see a bunch of overpaid prima donna's piss themselves in the pit lane over a little rain.

If a big bang happens like Spa 98 then it happens. It's up to the drivers to judge the conditions and that is why they are the best drivers in the world. Racing is dangerous, if they can't race in conditions like these then they should not be on F1.

I actually wouldn't blame the fans for storming the pit lane and wrecking the place. Maybe that's what needs to happen to wake these bunch of fannies up and stop this safety gone mad bullshit once and for all.They pay to come see racing not to see a bunch of overpaid prima donna's piss themselves in the pit lane over a little rain.
    ok TBK i see a reasonable discussion is not gonna happen,.
    Not even gonna mention how Davidson just explained how different the tires are today and that these wets would be useless in that amount of rain.
    Oh well.
    I've said my piece. And can't go along with your bloodlust or calls for insurrection on the parts of fans. SMH
    I'll leave you to your thoughts

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Ridiculous. They should just stop the sport and all start driving simulators, that way there is no more danger to anyone.

That's what you get when you let woke pussy's decide how an inherently dangerous sport should be run.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I heard what Davidson said. It's irrelevant and probably the root cause of why he never made it in F1. It's not the fans fault that Pirelli wet weather tires are shite. If they can't take F1 pace, then the drivers should drive slower - simple as. The fans should storm the pitlane and wreck the place. This is the most pathetic display I have ever seen in F1. Formula Fanny.

10. Likes: Sulland (29th August 2021)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    They waited three hours for this charade?

And Masi doesn't even have the balls to call the race - as if anybody believed this was going to be restarted.
    Last edited by gm99; 29th August 2021 at 16:45.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

12. Likes: truefan72 (29th August 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Get in there max! Great performance

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk