Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 266674757677 LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Rally Sweden 2022

The car is Veiby’s Polo, likely second WRC2 car so they are walking on the stage quite early on. Difficult to understand.

2. Likes: ouvreur (2nd March 2022)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    It's the fact the guy's filmed it and put it on Twitter that really bugs me, like it's something to be proud of, "great banter"... anyone can make a mistake, that's bad enough, but boasting about how you're like a suicidal Group B fan is enough evidence for me that rallying would be better off without him and his mates being interested in it.
    That's true. More often people should realize when is the moment to be ashamed of themselves.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

4. Likes: AnttiL (2nd March 2022),pantealex (7th March 2022)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    It's the fact the guy's filmed it and put it on Twitter that really bugs me, like it's something to be proud of, "great banter"... anyone can make a mistake, that's bad enough, but boasting about how you're like a suicidal Group B fan is enough evidence for me that rallying would be better off without him and his mates being interested in it.
    I'm slow this morning, but that video must've been made on purpose. I mean, how many of you keep the phone filming while walking out of a live stage during the winter?
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

6. Likes: AnttiL (2nd March 2022),ouvreur (2nd March 2022),pantealex (7th March 2022),WRC1 (3rd March 2022)
    Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    SS3 1,5 hours before first car.
    First, the "envelope" area at junction was about 300 - 400 meters long. WTF? Second, marshals did not allow tu use it (1,5 hours before) and forced the spectators to ditch. There was about 60 - 70 cm snow there, I literally sank in up to the balls. Got myself back to road, told marshals to fuck off and marched to the spectator area. Majority of law abinding locals followed the ditch though. Poor them.
    In conclusion (based on many things) - one of the most terribly organised rallies in my 45 years long spectating history. Not worth going next year.
    The marshall boss said they have aprox 50/50 of old marshalls from old rally org in Värmland, and new team from motorclubs in Västerbotten county. So if there is a new guy, they tend to do as they are told, afraid to make a mistake.

But it is always allowed to use your head, especially a long time before the rally and quick cars.

We have well many times jumped over the snowbank, as the people did for Veiby. The high snowbanks will muffle the sound, along with your beany, so you need to be aware.
    These days when 95% have music from their mobile in their ears, that need to be forbidden walking in and out of stages!!

8. Likes: BleAivano (2nd March 2022),WRC1 (3rd March 2022)
    Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by linni View Post
    They only got what they deserved.
    Never seen such aggressive and stupid marshals before.
    If you cannot do your job, stay at home.

Been to Rally Finland for 20 years, zero problems. Top notch marshaling.
    Oh dear me..... Embarrassing.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    That's true. More often people should realize when is the moment to be ashamed of themselves.
    I guess he realised, as the tweet has gone now.

11. Likes: AnttiL (2nd March 2022),Hartusvuori (3rd March 2022),ouvreur (2nd March 2022),pantealex (7th March 2022)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Svenska Bilsportförbundet (Swedish car sports federation) has bought all of Uvåns Näringslivscenter's shares in Rally Sweden and
    Svenska Bilsportförbundet have now assumed management of Rally Sweden together with Umeå.

https://www.sbf.se/Nyheter/SvenskBil...errallysweden/
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...r-rally-sweden
    https://emotorsport.se/nyheter.php?in=2&nyhets_id=21579
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

Liked 618 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
    Svenska Bilsportförbundet (Swedish car sports federation) has bought all of Uvåns Näringslivscenter's shares in Rally Sweden and
    Svenska Bilsportförbundet have now assumed management of Rally Sweden together with Umeå.

https://www.sbf.se/Nyheter/SvenskBil...errallysweden/
    https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/va...r-rally-sweden
    https://emotorsport.se/nyheter.php?in=2&nyhets_id=21579
    Is that a good or bad thing?

Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Is that a good or bad thing?

I don't know to be honest. However it did say in the press release that the actual organisation (behind the rally) won't change. SBF certainly have high ambitions but we'll see if they can deliver.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

15. Likes: Rallyper (8th March 2022),WRCStan (9th March 2022)
    Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
    So as I'm reading, we were not the only ones who had problems with the safety marshals that weekend We arrived on Shakedown roughly one hour before the start, and walked from the start line. We wanted to go a bit further into the middle part of the stage, but after 3 kilometres they were not letting anyone through (I heard it was the same if you walked from the finish line of the stage). So at that point, we decided not to argue, because it was Shakedown, first stage, everything still fresh and unknown, and we decided to obey, even though my friend did get shouted at and called a "fucking idiot" by the safety marshal when he crossed the road right after one of the R5 car passed by (then you know you have around 2 minutes before the next one arrives) and it's not like he was walking on the stage, he literally just crossed the road to be able to walk on the designated walking path on the other side, he was on the stage for around 3-5 seconds. Anyway, after the shakedown, on the next day, we've decided we're not going to put up with this bullshit, so we've arrived literally around 2h & 30min before the Friday morning stage start, just to make sure we can walk the stage to our designated spot without being shouted at, and so we did, because there were no marshals at that time yet, it was way early... But later during the day and also Saturday, there was one stage where we were 2 hours before the start. Yes, 2 HOURS!!! And we're walking the stage to get out from the main spectator area, because as always, we want to get to our chosen spot further in the stage. Marshals at the last control point going out from the main spectator area spotted us - immediately shouting to get back, don't go any further etc. We knew this would happen, we were prepared, and we said to each other - no matter what they say - we don't stop. I just shouted back to them - it's still 2 hours to the start, relax - and we just kept walking. There was another stage, where we were also around 1h & 30 min before the start, and as we entered the stage we started walking towards our spot again, one of the marshals started walking behind us on the stage for like 300 metres, because they were also not letting anyone go into that direction, but after 300 metres when he realised we are not stopping, he just turned around. So yeah, very fucking annoying and UNNECESSARY rules by the organisers, completely against true rally fans. I spoke to some of the safety marshals during the weekend - they were never on Rally Sweden before... So a lot of new guys, but also I think that was the way the Umea based organisers did everything - set up a few main spectator zones with car parks and don't let anybody out of it. I'm expecting the next year in Umea it will be the same, but we will be ready - just keep going and don't stop. It will be a bit worse if there will be Police, but hopefully not... In that case, some snow walking rackets will be needed to go around them 🤣
    Last edited by PetrolheadHeaven; 9th March 2022 at 07:39.

17. Likes: cali (9th March 2022),cmac (10th March 2022),Rallyper (10th March 2022),SubaruNorway (10th March 2022),Sulland (9th March 2022)