Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/embed?...692617929&z=13

I grew up in Ypres and did my preparation already. I'll post a preview here in a little while.

As for where to drive and where to park: there are lots of small roads intersecting with the stages. Just don't park on 'escape' roads (or emergency roads). Don't park on bike lanes. Normally you can park on the side of the narrow roads going to the stages, everybody does it. You'll have to walk a bit anyway. Use the terrain map layer on Google Maps to also see the gravel roads going to the stages. You can also walk on most of the fields in between the roads. Jump over fences and wires or climb under them. Enjoy the map reading. Be smart and avoid the Ypres axis. Choose the longer (but faster) connection between stages to the southern side of the stages (French side). Respect the speed limits. The limits change a lot. If you have other questions, shoot, because I think there are other Belgian conaisseurs here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G781B met Tapatalk
    Thanks for that. The green icons are spectator areas? So they DO exist?

Has anyone received the instructions on how, when and where to exchange the ticket for the armband yet? The start is in 2 days and I'm getting anxious...
    Last edited by MentalParadox; 10th August 2021 at 19:03.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    No Reynvoet (crashed yesterday at his PET and his co driver got injured) and Pepe Lopez in WRC3..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M2007J3SG met Tapatalk

Liked 405 Times in 214 Posts
    Do I have to have a wristband or is it possible to enter with a PDF ticket also?

Liked 249 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher
    Do I have to have a wristband or is it possible to enter with a PDF ticket also?
    You need a wristband, the PDF ticket isn't valid to enter the stages. You need to change the ticket at a Rally Shop in a Hyundai garage I think. The address is Kruiskalsijdestraat 4, Ypres. There are opening hours (see attachment as well).

Follow the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RallyYpres for updates. You can ask questions via chat, they have someone responding.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox
    Thanks for that. The green icons are spectator areas? So they DO exist?

Has anyone received the instructions on how, when and where to exchange the ticket for the armband yet? The start is in 2 days and I'm getting anxious...
    I didn't make that map, but there are spectator areas with parkings yes. In the attachment you'll find a map from SS Kemmelberg with 8 spectator areas. The green lines are parking areas. The red lines are evacuation roads, you can't drive or park there. These maps are in the rally guide, for sale in the... Rally Shop. 15 euros...

As for your second question, see above.

I'll add a link to a document with all the stage routes on a map, for anyone interested. I got it from another forum. The spectator zones aren't on these maps.

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-conte...Ypres-2021.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ouninpohja!

Liked 111 Times in 48 Posts
    Hi, do you need a ticket to visit the stages or are the tickets only for the spectator stages??
    It's a bit confussion for me on the side and the information I read on some forums.
    It looks like I can walk (for) free in the stages.
    Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    You need a wristband, the PDF ticket isn't valid to enter the stages. You need to change the ticket at a Rally Shop in a Hyundai garage I think. The address is Kruiskalsijdestraat 4, Ypres. There are opening hours (see attachment as well).

Follow the Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RallyYpres for updates. You can ask questions via chat, they have someone responding.

I didn't make that map, but there are spectator areas with parkings yes. In the attachment you'll find a map from SS Kemmelberg with 8 spectator areas. The green lines are parking areas. The red lines are evacuation roads, you can't drive or park there. These maps are in the rally guide, for sale in the... Rally Shop. 15 euros...

As for your second question, see above.

I'll add a link to a document with all the stage routes on a map, for anyone interested. I got it from another forum. The spectator zones aren't on these maps.

https://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-conte...Ypres-2021.pdf

Liked 405 Times in 214 Posts
    Thank you, the official site is a bit confusing...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

8. Likes: MentalParadox (12th August 2021),SlowlySidewaySpain (11th August 2021)
    Liked 12,233 Times in 5,257 Posts
    finally a rally week, its been very quiet news wise between Estonia and Ypres, like off-season

Fun fact: clerk of the course of Ypres rally is estonian woman called Emilia Abel

Neuville is the clear and nr.1 favourite for this rally and thats all i can say basically. Breen has also a very good experience but his starting position is way too back on Friday, so i think it will cost him a lot and he really struggled in Croatia with the car.

As an Tänak fan for me the most interesting thing to watch will be if he has made any significant steps with the car or setup. He won the first two full wet stages on Monte this year and even snatched a stage win in Croatia, so it seems he cant find the setup or balance or whatever that works all the time and on all stages. We will see.

Toyotas are always mighty on tarmac, as Croatia also proved, im mostly looking forward how Kalle is doing, Evans and Ogier are both very good on tarmac.

Formaux was really good in Croatia, can he also surprise here?

What i want say with my confusing and senseless post is that Ogier will win in the end
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: 240RS (11th August 2021),AnttiL (11th August 2021),cali (11th August 2021),pantealex (11th August 2021),WRC1 (11th August 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In a difficult rally like this, Ogier is always strong. And Neuville should have some experience-based advantage, having done a part of the event in WRC car in 2019. Evans could be next up, I don't believe in Tänak's chances. Breen is a bit of a question mark really.

It's Ogier or Neuville, I'd like to see Neuville win his home event and break his long pause of wins. Also, Ogier won't be attacking full with the championship situation (although Neuville attacking full could end in a disaster)

12. Likes: pantealex (11th August 2021)
    Liked 12,233 Times in 5,257 Posts
    yeah its been quite a long winless pause for Thierry, Monte 2020 was his last, 1 year and 7 months ago

i like how you write he "SHOULD have some" advantage
    Last edited by EstWRC; 11th August 2021 at 06:42.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: AnttiL (11th August 2021),pantealex (11th August 2021)