Threaded View

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Oliver Solberg misses Rally Italia Sardgena

Oliver Solberg will not start next week’s Rally Italia Sardegna.

Oliver’s father Petter Solberg tested positive for coronavirus on Monday (May 24). The FIA’s Appendix S COVID-19 protocol and national government regulations offer clear quarantine instructions for those in close contact.

Oliver has tested negative repeatedly since Monday, but will remain in quarantine in a hotel in Porto for 14 days.

Oliver had been scheduled to make his second Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC appearance of the season at next week’s Olbia-based World Rally Championship round.

Oliver said: “You can imagine, I am more than disappointed by this news. I am a little bit devastated.

“But you know, we have seen in the last year what coronavirus can do. My papa is doing well with a small fever and I’m thinking to him right now.

“It’s really hard to take now, but the time for my next rally in that amazing Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC will come. We have these rules and regulations for a reason and that reason is to try to stop this thing spreading.

“My family accepts completely what the FIA, the rally organisers, the national governments and medical professionals are telling us. The most important thing is that we keep people safe.”
    Sounds like Hyundai offered Solberg's vacant seat to Hayden Paddon at the last minute. Unfortunately due to quarantine requirements the window was just too small to work. Interesting that they still have him in their sights though.

https://talkmotorsport.co.nz/rally/h...y-in-sardenga/
    Last edited by Maui J.; 10th June 2021 at 07:29.