Hybrid View

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Thank you for your explanation. I see what you mean, but I have a different opinion. I think that we shouldn't castrate motorsport in such way and make it even more boring than it is now. Have a look at some other sports disciplines:

All the above mentioned sportsmen did much worse things than Ostberg and they didn't get kicked from TV broadcasts.
    I think that a fine of 1000E is OK, but suspending 25 points seems to much. Just my opinion.
    Zidane got red card immediatelly, which is the biggest punishment you can get in footbal as a player and it severly hurts the team.

Østberg got a tiny fine, nothing else as long as he doesn't repeat it this year.

It again illustrates my point perfectly, Zidane got red car cause it was not alright (over the line) and he never did that again afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I'm sure there's been interviews like this before in the last ten years. Not going to compare the amount of nice words in them, but the message of the answers.
    No they weren't, prove it. WRC controversial interviews get recorded just like any others.

The language is what matters in this case, not the message. Again precisely the point, it's entirely possible to get the message across without using only swearwords.

2. Likes: cali (6th June 2021),dimviii (6th June 2021),seb_sh (7th June 2021)
    Liked 1,137 Times in 610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It again illustrates my point perfectly, Zidane got red car cause it was not alright (over the line) and he never did that again afterwards.
    and do you know why zidane never did that again?