Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc 2/3 2021

Hybrid View

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    It would be interesting to see if Solberg can be faster than local Athanassoulas with the same car…
    Without problems Solberg will be faster.Lambros is a fast driver,but not at same level as Solberg,specially with so many years without enough drives with wrc2 cars

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Without problems Solberg will be faster.Lambros is a fast driver,but not at same level as Solberg,specially with so many years without enough drives with wrc2 cars
    Yes but Lambros is local and knows these SS very well and he has proven he can be equal with the ERC guys at least in the past. Besides this, in the recent Rally Corinth he used a Mitsubishi Evo and was faster than some R5 guys…
    Last edited by bomber21; 18th August 2021 at 17:53.

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    After driving a Hyundai i20 R5 and Skoda Fabia in recent years, Gryazin stepped into a Polo this season.

“We have reached the point where we have to decide which direction to go in 2022 and further years,” Gryazin told wrc.com. “Since the Polo is not developing, we decided to change it for the upcoming years. One of our options is to continue with Fiesta.

“I have really liked the performance of the Fiesta on gravel (and on Tarmac as well) this year and I would like to drive it to see for myself. M-Sport will provide the car for us. We will be under their wings in Greece but still as a competitor of Movisport.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc...zin-in-greece/

4. Likes: Rallyper (18th August 2021)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    After driving a Hyundai i20 R5 and Skoda Fabia in recent years, Gryazin stepped into a Polo this season.

“We have reached the point where we have to decide which direction to go in 2022 and further years,” Gryazin told wrc.com. “Since the Polo is not developing, we decided to change it for the upcoming years. One of our options is to continue with Fiesta.

“I have really liked the performance of the Fiesta on gravel (and on Tarmac as well) this year and I would like to drive it to see for myself. M-Sport will provide the car for us. We will be under their wings in Greece but still as a competitor of Movisport.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2021/wrc...zin-in-greece/
    That will be very interesting. Gryazin is one of the fastest drivers in RC2 so this should give us a clear picture of where the Fiesta stands.

I guess this is also a way to get a foot in the door at MSport and possibly into a Rally1 car in the future.

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    From what Suninen and others say Fiesta is best on high-grip surfaces and struggles when there is low grip.
    No idea how much grip there is in Acropolis this year.

Other than that as I already commented elsewhere Polo has had more upgrades this year so far than Fiesta, but it's "final" upgrades with no more development. So while there is no doubt it's competitive this year, it might be less so in the future. So as you say it's a way to get foot in the door.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    From what Suninen and others say Fiesta is best on high-grip surfaces and struggles when there is low grip.
    No idea how much grip there is in Acropolis this year.
    Greensmith had a pretty good run in Turkey 2019, where he won the RC2 class against the likes of Rovanperä, Kopecky, Henning and Kajto. And not just winning because of others having issues or mistakes, but also fastest stage times.

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Yes I remember that, but I assumed that Turkey is mostly high-grip/stones, specially after WRC cars passed. Unlikely say Sardinia which has some quite sandy stages.

Liked 3,306 Times in 1,742 Posts
    Kajto's short video from the city stage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3JA3LNqe2U
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Both new i20s didn't make it to midday on their first tough rally... Work is still needed.

Liked 12,241 Times in 5,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Both new i20s didn't make it to midday on their first tough rally... Work is still needed.
    both of them hit stuff, thats why
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -