Hybrid View

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Dude , you make some really great contributions to this forum , and I enjoy reading them .
    But , you went too far this time .
    And then , you made it worse by not owning your mistake and properly apologizing for it .

My advice , for someone in your shoes , is to write your post and sit back and read what you have written a few times , to make sure what you are saying is what might be understood by the reader .
    And , further to that , take what others are saying about you as what you "look" like on the forum .
    It might not be what you are , but only you can change that perception .

One more thing . That advice is for everyone , not just you , so don't feel too singled out .
    I follow it , myself , to make sure my point gets across , as , if it doesn't , what really is the point ?

So , carry on posting , as your opinions are well valid .

And , maybe , try a new apology for Zico , because he really is a good guy , even if you guys disagree on a few things .
    A debate needs both sides .

And , a note to Zico to say that you own a portion of this foofaraw as well , don't forget , as it was you interjection about Nitro that kinda started this . Just sayin' .
    Bagwan, Thank you for your post. You and l have had run ins in the past also. So your perspective on this matter is not necessarily without some personal frustration that you have with me. But l have always been very respectful to you. And your posts have always found me chuckling at the wittiness of them.

When somebody's post is fiiled with dislike, it is coming from a place of very subjective thinking. As such it leaves anyone reading such a post with two simple choices; join in the subjective thought and express ones support for it or secondly, take the objective path and show the error in those views. If you do this, then you are percieved to be a super fanboy.

What l see here, is my resistance to join the ever appearing Hamilton bashing thinking regularly appearing in posts on this forum, puts me at odds with certain people. I suppose l could just abstain from these sort of posts and let them run their courses. At least, everyone is entitled their own views regardless how warped they are.

What l am realizing from yours and Zico's comments is that, that is what would be best in the future. So knock yourselves out, l shall not be counter-commenting in the future. If you say something positive or interesting, l shall join in and converse with you. Life is too short to be burning time on pointless banters.

Like l said there are no hard feelings on anything that has been said from me.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 27th January 2021 at 08:29.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bagwan, Thank you for your post. You and l have had run ins in the past also. So your perspective on this matter is not necessarily without some personal frustration that you have with me. But l have always been very respectful to you. And your posts have always found me chuckling at the wittiness of them.

When somebody's post if fiiled with dislike, it is coming from a place of very subjective thinking. As such it leaves anyone reading such a post with two simple choices; join in the subjective thought and express ones support for it or secondly, take the objective path and show the error in those views. If you do this, then you are percieved to be a super fanboy.

What l see here, is my resistance to join the ever appearing Hamilton bashing thinking regularly appearing in posts on this forum, puts me at odds with certain people. I suppose l could just abstain from these sort of posts and let them run their courses. At least, everyone is entitled their own views regardless how warped they are.

What l am realizing from yours and Zico's comments is that, that is what would be best in the future. So knock yourselves out, l shall not be counter-commenting in the future. If you say something positive or interesting, l shall join in and converse with you. Life is too short to be burning time on pointless banters.

Like l said there are no hard feelings on anything that has been said from me.
    If the message you have gotten from what I have written is that I wish you to stop commenting , than I have done a very poor job of communicating here .
    This place is all about debate .
    Without an opposing view , the whole thing goes out the window .

We all have our opinions , and even though my own are the only truly valid ones , I am willing and able to listen to all the counter-arguments before I ruthlessly crush them with my huge brain .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    If the message you have gotten from what I have written is that I wish you to stop commenting , than I have done a very poor job of communicating here .
    This place is all about debate .
    Without an opposing view , the whole thing goes out the window .

We all have our opinions , and even though my own are the only truly valid ones , I am willing and able to listen to all the counter-arguments before I ruthlessly crush them with my huge brain .
    Actually Baggy, l have been in lockdown for months now, l am restless and not sleeping well. So l am honestly doubtful l can respond appropriately to all of this. I certainly do not want to talk about it anymore as it is beginning to depress me. I shall revisit this post at a later date and make any sort of amends that is required. I have always seen Zico and you as buddies of mine. Hence why l can comment as do with you. So no hard feelings. Just let it go for now.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Actually Baggy, l have been in lockdown for months now, l am restless and not sleeping well. So l am honestly doubtful l can respond appropriately to all of this. I certainly do not want to talk about it anymore as it is beginning to depress me. I shall revisit this post at a later date and make any sort of amends that is required. I have always seen Zico and you as buddies of mine. Hence why l can comment as do with you. So no hard feelings. Just let it go for now.
    When I disagree with anybody here , I try to do it the least obnoxious way I can , so I get a measured reaction from the opposite view .

Oops , I didn't really let it go there , did I ?
    Sorry for that .

I have 3 Jacques Villeneuve hats .
    Just sayin' .