Liked 496 Times in 276 Posts

25 Years Ago Today

36 seconds margin over his Spanish team mate was enough to give the late, great Colin McRae and his co-driver Derek Ringer the 1995 WRC title.

Today I was stood on my allotment rather than in a forest however it only seems like yesterday that was getting blatted with gravel cheering them on.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd November 2020),er88 (23rd November 2020),Fast Eddie WRC (23rd November 2020),the sniper (23rd November 2020)
    Liked 323 Times in 161 Posts
    Was good to remember. I remember the stages we went to throughout that rally.
    Looking back tho, how awful were the engines with the smaller restriction plates in 1995...dreadful compared to the year before.

Liked 711 Times in 400 Posts
    A seminal moment for UK rallying; everything came together and produced a memorable occasion - probably never to be repeated.

A huge buzz in the forests, massive nationwide media interest from TV, Radio, newspapers - it's hard to imagine it now. In fact, if you weren't there, or around at the time, you'll never really get it.

The contrast with today couldn't be starker.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (23rd November 2020)
    Liked 6,901 Times in 3,659 Posts
    Great times.

Although his first win on the RAC (first Brit since R.Clark) and the following home wins were pretty special too.

I had no doubt he would win it again in '95 and seal the title.