Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 122
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,948
    Like
    282
    Liked 2,348 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    That sounds like a horrible lineup to be honest for a "factory team".
    Similar to their 2016 lineup (with Tanak on DMACKS)

    ________

    If given given free choice I would always pick Lappi over Suninen. But I think Suninen has more money behind him to pay for the seat.

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Exmuhle.....
    Posts
    4,736
    Like
    1,456
    Liked 711 Times in 400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    That sounds like a horrible lineup to be honest for a "factory team".
    2005; Gardemeister, Kresta For the same team.

    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  3. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,948
    Like
    282
    Liked 2,348 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    2005; Gardemeister, Kresta For the same team.
    Yes and both times they used these years to develop championship winning cars for the year after. So there is a pattern.

    You could also look at the fates of Garmeister, Kresta, ุstberg and Camill, at leasts half of them did "decent" results during those seasons with cars that were likely very undeveloped...and all got rewarded by getting kicked after that year and never really getting another chance.

    That's a real risk for Lappi/Suninen. Maybe better to run in Rally2 car after all.
    Last edited by mknight; 4th December 2020 at 20:45.

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    143
    Like
    25
    Liked 57 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yes and both times they used these years to develop championship winning cars for the year after. So there is a pattern.

    You could also look at the fates of Garmeister, Kresta, ุstberg and Camill, at leasts half of them did "decent" results during those seasons with cars that were likely very undeveloped...and all got rewarded by getting kicked after that year and never really getting another chance.

    That's a real risk for Lappi/Suninen. Maybe better to run in Rally2 car after all.

    Gardemeister I think at the time was better than his replacement Hirvonen. But surely he had a bigger "upside" so in the end it was the right call from Malcolm to replace him. But I was pretty dissapointed as a young fanboy lol.

  5. #75
    Senior Member Sulland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    5,318
    Like
    1,045
    Liked 818 Times in 423 Posts
    Since Malcolm have had two finns for a peeiode.
    In my mind it is time for more nordic.

    My dreamteam would be:
    Mads ุstberg
    Andreas Mikkelsen
    Youngster: Oliver Solberg WRC2 + 3 rounds in WRC1.

    Hardly realistic, but this time of year its the time for wishlists.
    But I dont think I have that nice this year, for that to happen...

  6. #76
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,652
    Like
    1,520
    Liked 4,004 Times in 1,721 Posts
    I would like the same team Teemu and Esapekka with Grus + Fourmaux at some rounds.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ไ s k y l ไ
    Posts
    3,338
    Like
    14,543
    Liked 1,761 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    I would like the same team Teemu and Esapekka with Grus + Fourmaux at some rounds.
    You are FORD fan so:

    Why you want Gus when there are faster options available ?

    ุstberg? Loeb? Latvala? Mikkelsen? Paddon? Lukyanuk? Breen? Sordo?

    You donดt want fast FORD team?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  8. #78
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,652
    Like
    1,520
    Liked 4,004 Times in 1,721 Posts
    Cause i wrote the most plausible. Not the team i want

    Dream team by now: Sordo, Lappi and Oliver

  9. Likes: pantealex (5th December 2020)
  10. #79
    Member Portimao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    98
    Like
    261
    Liked 70 Times in 29 Posts
    Isn't Greensmith paying for himself?

  11. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ไ s k y l ไ
    Posts
    3,338
    Like
    14,543
    Liked 1,761 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Portimao View Post
    Isn't Greensmith paying for himself?
    Daddy yes.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •