Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Question I need some answers about WRC

    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to learn WRC for some reasons. I need to some answers. Please help me.

    1) Are there WRC National leagues? Is there any connection like Premiere League and UEFA Champions League?

    2) Who can participate in the WRC World Championship? What are the conditions?

    3) How is the connection between Teams and Cars? (The same brand vehicle uses multiple teams, but the brand's official team and pilots are clear)

    4) As I understand, some of the stages are on public roads. Is there such a situation?

    Help me please

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    21,027
    Like
    6,530
    Liked 8,907 Times in 3,611 Posts
    Sory for being harsh but how about to first read at least wikipedia or use google? We are ready to answer any questions but the very basics can be found after spending five seconds to search.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallying
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,044
    Like
    401
    Liked 637 Times in 331 Posts
    It's probably Eddie.

  4. Likes: Augury (16th October 2020),er88 (16th October 2020),EstWRC (16th October 2020),Kaps (16th October 2020),pantealex (16th October 2020),Rallyper (16th October 2020),tommeke_B (16th October 2020)
  5. #4
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,314
    Like
    5,414
    Liked 6,595 Times in 2,876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzmavisii View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I am trying to learn WRC for some reasons. I need to some answers. Please help me.

    1) Are there WRC National leagues? Is there any connection like Premiere League and UEFA Champions League?

    2) Who can participate in the WRC World Championship? What are the conditions?

    3) How is the connection between Teams and Cars? (The same brand vehicle uses multiple teams, but the brand's official team and pilots are clear)

    4) As I understand, some of the stages are on public roads. Is there such a situation?

    Help me please
    1) Each country has national championships. I don't know soccer well enough to compare
    2) Basically anyone with enough money and a license
    3) A car manufacturer hires a team to build a WRC version of their car and run it in the series. Thus, each team uses only one brand and model of a car. Sometimes private drivers rent or buy the cars so they can be run outside the official teams.
    4) Most of rallying happens on roads which are public, or used for everyday traffic. However, during the event the roads are closed from traffic.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    1) Each country has national championships. I don't know soccer well enough to compare
    2) Basically anyone with enough money and a license
    3) A car manufacturer hires a team to build a WRC version of their car and run it in the series. Thus, each team uses only one brand and model of a car. Sometimes private drivers rent or buy the cars so they can be run outside the official teams.
    4) Most of rallying happens on roads which are public, or used for everyday traffic. However, during the event the roads are closed from traffic.
    Thanks for answers.

    For first question, If driver wons national championships, will driver participate WRC? Is there something like that? or it's only about second questions answer.
    Last edited by buzmavisii; 16th October 2020 at 00:11.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sory for being harsh but how about to first read at least wikipedia or use google? We are ready to answer any questions but the very basics can be found after spending five seconds to search.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rallying
    Hey, maybe you are right. But there isn't every question's answer there. I reviewed the documents on the official site. Since the official documents are very complex, I wanted to ask here.

  8. #7
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,314
    Like
    5,414
    Liked 6,595 Times in 2,876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzmavisii View Post
    Thanks for answers.

    For first question, If driver wons national championships, will driver participate WRC? Is there something like that? or it's only about second questions answer.
    No, there's no such rule because it's mostly about getting the money to drive in the main category.

    There's also lower categories in the WRC such as WRC2 and WRC3 which use cheaper and less-powered Rally2 cars and then there's JWRC (Junior WRC) which uses even less powered FWD cars and you need be young enough to participate.

    Then there's also the European championship ERC and other regional championships.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    No, there's no such rule because it's mostly about getting the money to drive in the main category.

    There's also lower categories in the WRC such as WRC2 and WRC3 which use cheaper and less-powered Rally2 cars and then there's JWRC (Junior WRC) which uses even less powered FWD cars and you need be young enough to participate.

    Then there's also the European championship ERC and other regional championships.
    I see. You have been very helpful. Thanks

  10. Likes: AnttiL (16th October 2020)
  11. #9
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Östhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    6,236
    Like
    3,694
    Liked 1,893 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzmavisii View Post
    Thanks for answers.

    For first question, If driver wons national championships, will driver participate WRC? Is there something like that? or it's only about second questions answer.
    Drivers with enough skills proven, will be able to make results. Those with money often only do events for their own joy... and some skille from events at home...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  12. #10
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,314
    Like
    5,414
    Liked 6,595 Times in 2,876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Drivers with enough skills proven, will be able to make results. Those with money often only do events for their own joy... and some skille from events at home...
    Yeah, but you're not required to win your national championship to step onto higher levels, and it doesn't mean you don't have the skills. For example Kalle Rovanperä and Oliver Solberg started rallying outside their home countries

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •