Page 161 of 167 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1665
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    this must be the wire rope that cause the roll of Munster

2. Likes: Jarek Z (6th December 2020),the sniper (6th December 2020)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Almost at the end of this vid you can see the 0 car (4wd Yaris GR) near the top of SS12 just before it got cancelled:

https://youtu.be/_HLADpTpFhU
    How great would have that been

Sébastien Ogier
    @SebOgier
    Flying back in good company!
    Trophy
    Thanks #excelljets for bringing me home quickly to celebrate @OfficialWRC
    title number 7 with my family !!

5. Likes: Jarek Z (6th December 2020),Mirek (6th December 2020)
    Ruben Perez
    @RubnPerez
    Sometimes champions also need their moments of solitude, of time for themselves.

This is Sébastien Ogier today after the #ACIRallyMonza awards ceremony.

Surely ordering your mind, assimilating this new title that is going to your showcases. #WRC

7. Likes: MTA (6th December 2020)
    Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    How great would have that been
    I am not sure cars on wide rain tires would even get up tbh. Even 4wd ones. That would be seriously embarassing.

WRC, Thierry Neuville's 2020 report: "We lacked consistency ..."

"It's hard to say if the strongest won this year. It's still Ogier who deserved the title, especially after the race this weekend. We all had problems, techniques or mistakes. on our part, during the season. Evans just made a mistake this Saturday, it upset the final classification. On the team side, Hyundai has achieved a lot of podiums in the last races, often with two cars. We were strong I think . I note that we also encountered the greatest number of problems with losses of points. Personally, it was a particular season. There were ups and downs, clearly. We were prevented from bringing back the victory in Turkey and Sardinia, with electronic problems in particular. These are precious points that we miss. This weekend, I did not ensure, I did not do the work. We also had an engine problem , preventing us from leaving. The main objective, the constructors' title, was fulfilled thanks to the a collaboration with the other crews ", specified the Belgian at our microphone at the end of the round at Monza.

And what does our compatriot respond to those who say he will never be world champion? "Everyone has their own judgment. I have been in the WRC for many years, I know that we give our best every time. We are here because rallying has always been a passion for me. I continue to do what I can to be champion. We know that the constructors' title is becoming more and more important for the teams because it is what allows them to prolong their commitment in the discipline. This year, it is true that we lacked consistency , in particular because of the worries and the deviation of trajectory in Estonia. I assume my responsibility this weekend even if the final abandonment is not related to the touch with the concrete block. These are circumstances of racing. Rallying remains an extreme sport, but despite everything I enjoy myself behind the wheel of my car. The team is happy with our services, that's the main thing, "he explains.

Not really time to think about it or think about this season for very long. In three days, Neuville will already carry out tests for the Monte-Carlo 2021, which will be held in six weeks. Preparations at the factory and upstream to prepare for the new season, a new opportunity for the Belgian to make his dream come true.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...te?id=10647525

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    WRC, Thierry Neuville's 2020 report: "We lacked consistency ..."

We were prevented from bringing back the victory in Turkey and Sardinia, with electronic problems in particular. These are precious points that we miss.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...te?id=10647525
    What electric problems in Turkey and Sardinia? I can't recall any and did not find any for him. Does he mean for Tanak?

Neuville had an issue in Mexico.

Liked 11,193 Times in 4,442 Posts
    I am not sure cars on wide rain tires would even get up tbh. Even 4wd ones. That would be seriously embarassing.
    4WD on snow tyres would, those on rain tyres would have problems. 2WD especially if without snow tyres would have very serious problems and could block the stage.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

12. Likes: AnttiL (6th December 2020),cali (6th December 2020),Sulland (6th December 2020)
    For same reasons we talked about in January when they announced the teams.

Rovanpera had to in his first season outscore Loeb/Sordo (+ someone who turned to be Breen) on their best events and with road advantage.
    It's not a surprise he did not do that.

At the same time Evans had to outscore one of Tanak/Neuville which he actually managed, much to the surprise of a lot of people.

So Toyota actually did much better than most people including me expected.

What could they have done different?
    Either
    a) Rotate 3driver (for example with Latvala in the loop, but he is good on same rallies as Rovanpera atm or other drivers)
    b) Hire full time 3rd driver that could outscore the mentioned Hyundai 3rd drivers. Latvala and Meeke did not manage that in 2019. Possible options were Lappi or Mikkelsen. Neither of them seem to be popular at Toyota (maybe also due to Jouhki, and Jouhki backs Rovanpera, so that wouldn't probably work well). It's off course not certain they would do better when Sordo/Loeb/Breen had road position advantages on gravel rallies.
    thanks for answering mknight.

so toyota managed to lost the manufacturer championship while at drivers had 1-2.
    Is this a wrong approach from Makinen or not?

this question is not particularly to mknight,but for everyone.

Imho it was a wrong approach.

14. Likes: cali (6th December 2020)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

16. Likes: dimviii (6th December 2020)