Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
After my this year experience, I will never believe factory team or team from WRC that they know rules correctly...
It is covered by Art.54.1.1 of the WRC Sporting Code which says:
Unless stated differently in the rally supplementary regulations, a crew which has failed to complete a section may be assumed to re-start the rally from the start of the next section following the overnight regroup unless they confirm otherwise with the clerk of the course by completing of the form located in the rear of the road book (‘final retirement’) and lodging it with the organiser as soon as possible and, if feasible, before the publication of the re-start list.
I can't see anything in the supplementtary regulations for this rally or any of the bulletins to change the standard wording.
I believe the key part is:
a crew which has failed to complete a section may be assumed to re-start the rally from the start of the next section following the overnight regroup
As far as I'm concerned you can't "fail to complete a section" if you didn't start it. They should have got the crew to push the car through the first TC of day 2, got their start time for the day and then retired again if they wanted to run on day 3 and the car wasn't fixed.