Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Senior Member Jag_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,423
    Like
    128
    Liked 166 Times in 130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It is irrelevant where Stefano last worked, he was Ferrari f1 team boss for over five seasons, so he is seen very much as a Ferrari man. By the way, Lamborghini use to be owned by Ferrari. So there is a loose link there.


    A RBR partnership with Porsche for the long term makes sense. That is if Porsche is interested. I doubt Honda has a problem with Domenicalli personally, there are a number of things that they must have taken into consideration. I have guessed a few. And my guess may be very wrong mind you.

    One thing is certain, nobody buys the Honda excuse of wanting to focus in other part of their business. They have the capacity to do F1 and pursue other business areas.
    I don't think Ferrari ever owned Lamborghini. Maybe you're thinking of when Chrysler owned them in the 80s/90s? But that was well before the Fiat tie up with bankrupt Chrysler. No matter though. I think you're right. Domenicalli is a Ferrari man, in that he went to work for them straight out of college. But most in the paddock seem to respect him as a straight shooter. I have more faith in him doing a good (read, "unbiased") job with Liberty than I do with Jean Todt being president of the FIA. His super secret punishment for Ferrari's cheater PU says it all, IMO.

    And yes, I'm also hoping that RBR can either buy out Honda's engine works, or convince Porsche to come in and partner with them in the project. I think it's a little late in the game to expect Porsche to have a (competitive) standalone PU ready to go by 2022.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,226
    Like
    2
    Liked 528 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I don't think Ferrari ever owned Lamborghini. Maybe you're thinking of when Chrysler owned them in the 80s/90s? But that was well before the Fiat tie up with bankrupt Chrysler. No matter though. I think you're right. Domenicalli is a Ferrari man, in that he went to work for them straight out of college. But most in the paddock seem to respect him as a straight shooter. I have more faith in him doing a good (read, "unbiased") job with Liberty than I do with Jean Todt being president of the FIA. His super secret punishment for Ferrari's cheater PU says it all, IMO.

    And yes, I'm also hoping that RBR can either buy out Honda's engine works, or convince Porsche to come in and partner with them in the project. I think it's a little late in the game to expect Porsche to have a (competitive) standalone PU ready to go by 2022.
    I stand corrected. I am not a Lamborghini fan as you can guess.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  3. #23
    Senior Member Tazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    14,825
    Like
    1,017
    Liked 499 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro
    Lamborghini use to be owned by Ferrari.
    Ferruccio Lamborghini would roll over in his grave!
    May the forza be with you

  4. Likes: pantealex (5th October 2020)
  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,226
    Like
    2
    Liked 528 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

    Ferruccio Lamborghini would roll over in his grave!
    LOL Yeah, l just read Lamborghini had a beef with Ferrari about brakes . So that was probably an unforgiveable error.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  6. #25
    Senior Member Tazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    14,825
    Like
    1,017
    Liked 499 Times in 408 Posts
    May the forza be with you

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,226
    Like
    2
    Liked 528 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yeah Yeah, same difference. They had a beef he decided to build a car, yada yada Lambo was born.

    Not very interested in Lamborghini. I think they are very pointless waste of cash. But that is just my opinion. I am pound wise and penny foolish. That's not to say that l do not appreciate the ingenuity that goes into every car they build. Just not my cup of tea, sorry.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  8. #27
    Senior Member Tazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    14,825
    Like
    1,017
    Liked 499 Times in 408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    sorry.
    Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
    May the forza be with you

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,247
    Like
    13,987
    Liked 1,704 Times in 839 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Yeah Yeah, same difference. They had a beef he decided to build a car, yada yada Lambo was born.

    Not very interested in Lamborghini. I think they are very pointless waste of cash. But that is just my opinion. I am pound wise and penny foolish. That's not to say that l do not appreciate the ingenuity that goes into every car they build. Just not my cup of tea, sorry.
    Lamborghini is way more quality car than Ferrari.

    Try to find Ferrari which has runned more than 100K miles...
    (it very easy to find Lambo with 150K miles)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,226
    Like
    2
    Liked 528 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Lamborghini is way more quality car than Ferrari.

    Try to find Ferrari which has runned more than 100K miles...
    (it very easy to find Lambo with 150K miles)
    These cars are fashion accessories. They are designed and built for people with a narcissist trait. They are only driven to show off wealth or self importance. But rarely for practical reasons because a less expensive car is always better for daily usage purposes.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  11. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,247
    Like
    13,987
    Liked 1,704 Times in 839 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    These cars are fashion accessories. They are designed and built for people with a narcissist trait. They are only driven to show off wealth or self importance. But rarely for practical reasons because a less expensive car is always better for daily usage purposes.
    NO

    Even here in Finland we have people who drive with their Lamborghini´s every day thru winter time also (and I´m not talking about SUV models)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  12. Likes: Tazio (7th October 2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •