So , an idea just floated through my head .

It's suspected that the reds were using more fuel than allowed last year , and now we've got them struggling to keep up .
So , is restricting the flow actually a good idea ?

As I understand it , it is at least partially aimed at showing the sport to be "green" , and efficient in it's fuel use .
That would be more arguable if you ever heard them laud themselves for this fact , but you rarely hear about it .

It's also something that the teams work hard on anyway , as a matter of course , as nobody wants to carry more weight in fuel anyway , so better efficiency is always an aim .

So , as the idea wanders about my head , it occurs to me that with no fuel flow restrictions , but some kind of efficiency award for best placing in the "least amount of fuel used" category , it might point out the efficiency a little more poignantly in front of the public .

This all comes from the thought that Merc is ahead in both being fastest and in doing it most efficiently , and Ferrari was almost there last year , but it seems now , not so efficient , and lost down the list .

I sure some big brain could work out the math that could combine fuel use and placement , and perhaps it not just the front runners that would be able to vie for the award , which could maybe include just the air time/advertising , or actual points or money .

It's how my brain works behind the mask .
You cats think there any merit at all to the idea ?