Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 153
  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Now you have heard me , and I know because you responded to what I wrote .
    It was a simple question of whether he broke a rule , and you told me it should be relaxed .

    This morning we have word from the FIA that it won't be investigated , but rather , the governing body will issue a statement that is more specific as to what can be worn in the podium ceremony .


    So , here's the story of this thread :
    I asked a question about a rule and you guys went off on a racism rant until you said we should talk about racing instead of racism .
    Then , you answered my question .

    You get why I was irritated ?
    Well, the FIA and F1 management decision on this was the correct one. And they have approached it in a meassured way; without emotions and the right level of sensitivity to the issue in question. And l commend them for it. I suppose your question has been answered.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th September 2020 at 18:28.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  2. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Everything the police did was by the book. The colour of his skin is irrelevant to me because as soon you invoke the race card you invoke privilege. You’re just caught up in the emotion of it. I’m not. I follow the evidence I am presented with and am not willing to blindly follow a clearly biased mainstream media.
    I am sorry buddy, l have no further comment to make on this subject. I am happy to chat with you until the cows come home on anything to do with actual racing.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  3. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,550
    Like
    53
    Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Wait a sec, didn't the whiners after the extra-long Canadian GP of 2011 introduce a new rule that a Formula 1 race must end two hours after the start, point? Why was the Tuscan GP allowed to run for 140 minutes (add or subtract a few)?
    No, itís a two hour race limit of racing action. The clock stops when the race stops. Itís a 4 hour race limit after lights out regardless of whether the race is finished or not.

  4. #134
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,550
    Like
    53
    Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am sorry buddy, l have no further comment to make on this subject. I am happy to chat with you until the cows come home on anything to do with actual racing.
    No worries man!

  5. #135
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,550
    Like
    53
    Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Well, the FIA and F1 management decision on this was the correct one. And they have approached it in a meassured way; without emotions and the right level of sensitivity to the issue in question. And l commend them for it. I suppose your question has been answered.
    I think they have realised there could be potential backlash were they to punish him now. They are issuing clearer guidelines- if he breaks them then he has only himself to blame then. Effectively they are saying, in a roundabout way, one more strike and youíre going to be punished.

  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oradea
    Posts
    2,627
    Like
    75
    Liked 126 Times in 102 Posts
    Horrible sneaky people, going about rules and stuff to attack this wonderful man. I bet you didn't even knee for anything today. Since I gave up my weaked ways I knee for everything. Tonight, after I finish my bucket of chicken wings I'm taking a knee for the hungry children of the world.

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think they have realised there could be potential backlash were they to punish him now. They are issuing clearer guidelines- if he breaks them then he has only himself to blame then. Effectively they are saying, in a roundabout way, one more strike and you’re going to be punished.
    For completion, Breonna Taylor's family has been awarded $12 Million in settlement by the City of Louisville Kenturky. Just to give you a sense of the importance of this situation in monetary terms.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  8. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2020)
  9. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    I wonder what is happening in Ferrari right now. They had Arrivabene that brought Ferrari to the brink of winning a championship sacked and since then things has progressively gone down hill for them. They are now more or less back to where they were when Arrivabene took the helm all those years ago. So what now?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  10. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,550
    Like
    53
    Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    For completion, Breonna Taylor's family has been awarded $12 Million in settlement by the City of Louisville Kenturky. Just to give you a sense of the importance of this situation in monetary terms.
    For full completion, what happened to Breonna was horrendous. I have an apartment in NY and, a couple of years back, a man collapsed in front of his apartment building just down the road from me. His wife called the ambulance and police arrived, they saw the her trying to give CPR to him, and when she looked up they shot both her and him, zero provocation and both died as a result of their wounds. None of this was covered by the media because they were white. Not a peep. They had a no knock warrant for Breonna Taylorís apartment and shot because Kenneth Walker shot at them. They had zero reason to shoot at this poor couple.

    Both deaths are tragic, but the media sensationalise one, not the other. Who has the privilege?

  11. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,160
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    For full completion, what happened to Breonna was horrendous. I have an apartment in NY and, a couple of years back, a man collapsed in front of his apartment building just down the road from me. His wife called the ambulance and police arrived, they saw the her trying to give CPR to him, and when she looked up they shot both her and him, zero provocation and both died as a result of their wounds. None of this was covered by the media because they were white. Not a peep. They had a no knock warrant for Breonna Taylor’s apartment and shot because Kenneth Walker shot at them. They had zero reason to shoot at this poor couple.

    Both deaths are tragic, but the media sensationalise one, not the other. Who has the privilege?
    Sorry, l find it hard to believe the police would turn up and just shoot a man already down and recieving medical aid from a woman you claim to be his wife. And she also shot by the police. There is more to this story, espionage gone wrong etc.

    If it didn't make the news, if may be a classified incident. Especially with both being caucasians. There is no biase here, though you seem keen to manufacture one. This sort of thing is the stuff the media live for. They would lap it up and sensationalize it by running it morning, day and night for as long as they can get anyone to listen to it. So get your facts straight buddy.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •