Hybrid View

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    So my question is - is it legal to drive on 3 wheels or not? Simple answer yes or no.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Of course it is not legal. Also, is it legal to drive a car with a roll-cage, a car with high emmissions, a car without MOT tyres, a car with racing seat belts? Simple answer, yes or no?

In my country all the above are illegal. So, let's do rallying without roll-cages, with low emmissions, only with MOT tyres and with MOT approved seat belts. Agree?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    Of course it is not legal. Also, is it legal to drive a car with a roll-cage, a car with high emmissions, a car without MOT tyres, a car with racing seat belts? Simple answer, yes or no?

In my country all the above are illegal. So, let's do rallying without roll-cages, with low emmissions, only with MOT tyres and with MOT approved seat belts. Agree?
    Still somehow police stops only cars with 3 wheels. In Estonia rally cars have special plates and are road legal, but driving on 3 wheels is not legal.

So, rally cars - OK (if they meet the tech standards and have passed inspection) ; driving with 3 wheels or less - not OK (for a reason, technically not in a condition).
    Or are you implying that now all of a sudden driving on 3 wheels is road legal because we have fewer starters in wrc?

Last edited by cali; 24th January 2021 at 21:40.

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Still somehow police stops only cars with 3 wheels. In Estonia rally cars have special plates and are road legal, but driving on 3 wheels is not legal.

So, rally cars - OK; driving with 3 wheels or less - not OK (for a reason).
    Or are you implying that now all of a sudden driving on 3 wheels is road legal because we have fewer starters in wrc?

I am only saying what I said regarding the hypocricy of the whole matter and what I said about taking into consideration the essence of the sport in every "keeping up with formalities". No implication is made because of fewer starters. Just these two things.

P.S. Honestly, I prefer to drive on a rim than driving in heavy rain on FIA tarmac tyres. The experience is still making me feel terror. So, does this mean that we should use only DOT tyres? Of course not.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    I am only saying what I said regarding the hypocricy of the whole matter and what I said about taking into consideration the essence of the sport in every "keeping up with formalities". No implication is made because of fewer starters. Just these two things.
    Like I said, FIA can release the rule of banning three-wheeling on roads, but they cannot tell every police officer in every country that rallies are hosted in.