Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
I'm guessing that F1 will fund the Silverstone rounds? I'm still in two minds about how this will work... won't they need a huge amount of medical personnel to be present and can this be done without pulling from the NHS in the slightest? If there's the tiniest amount of bad publicity associated with using NHS staff for motorsport in the current situation, I can't see it going ahead. Saying that, I'd trade watching ten GPs to get to see a couple of rallies and a road race.
I presume they will have to, or at the very least waive the hosting fees as the F1 business model is based around the circuit owners making their money from ticket sales.
I think they are basing their tentative plans around the virus being suppressed enough by then that their is enough capacity within the emergency services that the events can run. The premier league is having the same discussions, but for them they have to try and complete around 100 matches to finish the season, and to get through that without any infections sounds difficult to me.
WRGB has the advantage of being quite late in the year, so unless something goes terribly wrong with virus transmission, I would hope that it should be clear to run.
I enjoy F1, sportscars, GT’s etc as well as rallying, and I live a stones throw from Silverstone so I usually go and watch several events there through the year.