Hybrid View

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Mercedes has earned the right to be arrogant. But l have not seen anything arrogant about Mercedes or anyone in Mercedes. The level of excellence of Mercedes is breathtaking really. They raised the bar so high, Ferrari had to dig real deep to get on level terms. Every good thing comes to an end at some point, ask Redbull and they would tell you.

That said, Mercedes is beginning to face a character testing period. How they deal with it would say much about their resilience. Unlike Redbull, they make their own engines and chassis, so l fail to see them going through a period of dulldrum, winless years. They would be there or thereabout. And would keep Ferrari honest at every opportunity.

But being second best is going to be a very bitter pill for a team that has enjoyed so much success over the last seven years.
    Well we'll just have to see. I'm not trying to take anything away from Merc. They have earned every thing they have accomplished!
    But if they get whupped in Russia the shouting may well begin!
    May the forza be with you

2. Likes: Duncan (25th September 2019)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Well we'll just have to see. I'm not trying to take anything away from Merc. They have earned every thing they have accomplished!
    But if they get whupped in Russia the shouting may well begin!
    True, but they are not beat yet!
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    True, but they are not beat yet!
    Very true, and it is not in any way a sure thing! One thing I do regret is; if Merc goes down, Niki isn't around to see it. That dude would go off like a neutron bomb!
    May the forza be with you