Quote Originally Posted by reff92 View Post
Is there any better driver to get to Toyota?

And plz dont come with Mikkelsen - his place is wrc2 as age has been shown. Best quote from his midseason stageend interview was something like that : "I need to learn how to drive". And that says everything about that.

What is Evans good side why Toyota might get him? :
Stable than Meeke and Latvala.
Can drive gravel and tarmac rally-is and even win those when god doesnt thing otherwise.
He is right now "Free agent" with some money to Malcolm.
He has pretty good car know-how from previous team(Meeke and Latvala is lacking on that) what helps with some development.
ETC....
Mikkelsen has pretty much exactly same performance as Evans this year and much better historically. In direct fights this year their score is also pretty much even. They have about same ammount of WRC starts (Mikkelsen about 10% more) and are about same age (Evans 1 year older).
Furthermore Evans has never driven any other WRC car than an Msport one (and without checking I don't think he drove a different R5 either). Mikkelsen drove multiple including 3 out of 4 current ones and two current R5s.

So picking between them is certainly not an obvious decision. The WRC2 comment is ridiculously retarded given that Mikkelsen just finished 4th in the championship with highest number of podiums outside of top 3. Beating 4 other drivers who had 3 more starts than him and Evans who did same number of rallies.

Since Toyota didn't win manu champs. I expect a bit more pressure on Tommi to bring new drivers.