Thread: Oliver Solberg

Hybrid View

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Sorry but it's hard to get what you mean. I can extra-explain a bit:

1. Driving under pressure
    What I mean that he needs to learn to come to a rally as a favorite/expected to get a result and do it. So far basically on all rallies rallies he entered any decent result is positive.

For a Rovanpera reference see start of 2019 where he "only" had to collect WRC2(Pro) title as a clearly biggest favorite.... and crashed in first 3 rallies of the season, in Monte even on first stage. There certainly were some lessons learned.

Maybe Solberg in a similar situation manages perfectly, but it's hard to say cause he has not been in one like that yet.

------

R5 performance in Arctic - based on a lot of indicators (Solbergs times in Arctic 4 weeks ago, Veibys times there and on the WRC rally, and performance of Finnish-drivers that did both rallies as well as Huttunens splits before retirement) I think Solberg would have had big problems with at least the top 2 Rally2 cars in this event, maybe even Gryazin.
    Simply because the current Hyundai R5 is not fast enough on this kind of stages.

Since he also did the event 4 weeks ago it was much better to run in WRC (upgraded to almost? latest spec, better than Loubet anyway).
    I think you are very nonchalant in your speculations. Hypothetics in its worst form. Just stop. Admit he did a great job. Let´s see what comes next and let us not get more of your very nonsense here.

You can return the day your speculations are prooved.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,797 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I think you are very nonchalant in your speculations. Hypothetics in its worst form. Just stop. Admit he did a great job. Let´s see what comes next and let us not get more of your very nonsense here.

You can return the day your speculations are prooved.
    Clearly you are unable to discuss anything related to Oliver Solberg without getting into crazy fanboy level of protectiveness.

I wrote he did very well immediately in the first post and discussing what might be the best way forward. You manage to turn everything into his criticism without even reading it properly, even things that mention what what was good for him.

The last two sentences of yours are truly epic "shut up talking about him". "Discussion" forum in the best form.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Clearly you are unable to discuss anything related to Oliver Solberg without getting into crazy fanboy level of protectiveness.

I wrote he did very well immediately in the first post and discussing what might be the best way forward. You manage to turn everything into his criticism without even reading it properly, even things that mention what what was good for him.

The last two sentences of yours are truly epic "shut up talking about him". "Discussion" forum in the best form.
    I´m sorry for being a bit harsh.

However I still don´t like your hypothetical theories about what he´d done IF he drove WRC2 class instead. That´s ridicoulus. It is like you don´t really can fully admit his performance.

And yes, it´s very nice having Oliver in the WRC circus as a Swede. But more is what he contributes for the whole rallying world. No matter from where he is.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...