Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. instead of looking at which car is the best, we can look at which car is not the worse... Toyota = poor reliability; Citroen = unpredictable behaviour; Hyundai = hard to set up; Fiesta = ?
I think the Toyota is the fastest car most often if you want to put it like that, but is part of that the fact it’s on a knife edge reliability wise? The Ford is a very good package in that it doesn’t seem to have any duff events, yet is more sturdy than the Toyota. It’s at a slight disadvantage in that they are the only team without one of the top 3 drivers so headline results are harder to come by, Evans was majestic in Corsica tho. The Hyundai is great in the right conditions, but it does struggle with low grip situations/understeer and it’s only really Neuville that can get the best out of it consistently. The Citroen is still the most inconsistent for me, Ogier has done great and bullied it onto a lot of podiums it didn’t really deserve, but mistakes are being made along the way and I think he will feel slightly fortunate to be within sight of Tanak in the championship.
Will be interesting to see if the proposed updates from both Citroen and Hyundai change the balance at all...