Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Dear God! TBK was a Schumacher fan! This explains a lot.

It's kind of funny though. For 4 years TBK has held a grudge over Rosberg for supposedly cheating, yet he was a fan of Schumacher???

Schumacher is the second biggest piece of **** that's been in F1 since I've followed it (A close second to Briatore).

To like Schumacher and Hamilton tells me that you must have a superficial interest in motorsport.
    Maybe we should not take the sins of the father out on the son. He has a bright future ahead of him. It would be great if he can emulate his father's talent. As far as Hamilton goes, l cannot see what your reason is for disliking Hamilton other than he is successfull at what he does and he is not Austrailian obviously.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I just want to make it clear that I don't like Mark Webber. Nationality has nothing to do with it. As far as Hamilton is concerned? He attracts superficial interest. You can respcect his performances. otherwise his career is a product of "F1 corporatisation" which may need an essay that I can't be bothered writing to explain. Him, Vettel and Verstappen are the same **** in this regard.

The fandom Hamilton and Verstappen particularly generate reminds me of not only Schumacher snr, but also the dark days of the early 2000s MotoGP, when all the Rossi idiots came out of the woodwork and spoilt motorbike racing.

I just want to make it clear that I don't like Mark Webber. Nationality has nothing to do with it. As far as Hamilton is concerned? He attracts superficial interest. You can respcect his performances. otherwise his career is a product of "F1 corporatisation" which may need an essay that I can't be bothered writing to explain. Him, Vettel and Verstappen are the same **** in this regard.

The fandom Hamilton and Verstappen particularly generate reminds me of not only Schumacher snr, but also the dark days of the early 2000s MotoGP, when all the Rossi idiots came out of the woodwork and spoilt motorbike racing.
    Fair comment, we can't like everyone we know l suppose. But l admire the man for his tenacity and successes. I was a Webber fan until he wanted the Redbull team to hand him a championship on a platter. I admire Michael Schumacher for his determination and incredible successes but l am not a fan of his as he won his championships on the back of his team mates. At least Hamilton was happy to beat his teammates on his way top winning his championship.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Mick Schumacher tested with Ferrari today and set a 1:29.976 on the slowest C5 tire. To say the least, that's mighty impressive on his first outing and he wouldn't be far off pole on the C3 tire which was the fastest for this weekend.

5. Likes: Tazio (3rd April 2019)
    The reigning F3 champion Mick Schumacher notched up his first F2 win at the Hungaroring. Under pressure from start to finish by two more experirnced F2 racers, he managed to ring the car home to his first win. All the signs says there ios more to come from the young Schumacher.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I've just been aware that F2 have a top 8 reverse grid for their second race. And this is what little Schu took advantage of in Hungary. He's average and shouldn't be thought of as a genuine prospect for a serious F1 seat.

I've just been aware that F2 have a top 8 reverse grid for their second race. And this is what little Schu took advantage of in Hungary. He's average and shouldn't be thought of as a genuine prospect for a serious F1 seat.
    True, it is early days for the young shumi. But most that has won an F2 race this season, has done so by taking advantage of the reverse order grid. The interesting thing about Mick's win was that he was able to bring it home with two very experienced F2 race winners breathing down his neck. He could not afford a single mistake and he didn't. That was what the fuss was really about
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Still, he isn't even inside the top ten in a series that has been won by rookies (Leclerc and Russell) in the past two years.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Still, he isn't even inside the top ten in a series that has been won by rookies (Leclerc and Russell) in the past two years.
    Yeah, but we cannot ignore that he showed very impressive pace in the Bahrain test earlier this year as well. He’s an unknown quantity but given his relative lack of race experience he has done pretty well so far. I think he needs another year or two at least before F1 honestly. What impressed me most about his F2 victory was not his pace but his ability to make the gap at the important parts of the circuit to stay ahead. He managed it well and didn’t crack once. To judge his overall pace and ability thus far is way too early. He needs time to mature and gain experience. Most other drivers on the F2 grid have much more experience than him.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah, but we cannot ignore that he showed very impressive pace in the Bahrain test earlier this year as well. He’s an unknown quantity but given his relative lack of race experience he has done pretty well so far. I think he needs another year or two at least before F1 honestly. What impressed me most about his F2 victory was not his pace but his ability to make the gap at the important parts of the circuit to stay ahead. He managed it well and didn’t crack once. To judge his overall pace and ability thus far is way too early. He needs time to mature and gain experience. Most other drivers on the F2 grid have much more experience than him.
    Well stated. I agree that things will become much clearer for him within the next two seasons. Side note... how come there isn't a separate F2 or F3 forum?