Page 98 of 152 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Really enjoyed it this year, currently sat in Barcelona airport waiting to fly back.

Including 4 in Shakedown, 11 passes of WRCs over three days, without going to the Barca street stage, can't complain at that. Numerous stages beginning just outside towns means you get a lovely atmosphere around the start of several stages, similar to Ypres in that way, was good to see Petter and Henning in town before SS2 on top form.

Obviously you've all seen what's going on at the front better than me, but some WRC2 observations:

- Was surprised that the Polo looked so stable on gravel on its first outing for some reason. Crucially it sounds better than the Fabia, but will be interesting to see how it goes in private hands next year. I hope it's not a class killer.

- C3s were all over the place when being pushed, but especially Veiby. His chances of progressing must be hanging by a thread. Nice to see four of them out though; Lopez's livery is nice at least...

- Hyundais looked fast, surprised at the progress Huttenen has made towards the end of the year and he and Loubet seemed fairly quick. Hopefully Hyundai continue this programme next year, but I gather the car was a bit unreliable? I don't think all three came pastime very often. Suarez seemed quick in bursts.

- Nils Solans is driving superbly, on both surfaces. Compared to Kaetanowicz' relatively cautious approach, Solans has been using all the road without looking like going over the edge when I've seen him. I thought my stopwatch was lying seeing his times compared to the works Skodas. Hopefully he can get a full year with M-Sport or a WRC2 Pro team next year.

- Kalle Rovanpera; what can you say?

Also, I think I have a new favourite viewing spot, on the way into town at Terra Alta, I hope they run the stage the same way next year.

OK, flight's boarding...
    aka Rodger Davies

2. Likes: AL14 (27th October 2018),cali (28th October 2018),Jarek Z (27th October 2018),KKS (27th October 2018),Micke_VOC (29th October 2018),Mirek (27th October 2018),Rally Hokkaido (28th October 2018),satnav (27th October 2018),the sniper (27th October 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Any footage from Tänak puncture? In typical WRC+ fashion the onboard is missing while basically all other drivers are there.

This even looks like it could be same stage and I think it was FR puncture (or FL)? :
    There are now talks, that it was the rim, which broke the tire and it`s hard to say, what they mean exactly...was it a bad hit now or like some are saying, defective before.

Liked 3,302 Times in 1,740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    - Hyundais looked fast, surprised at the progress Huttenen has made towards the end of the year and he and Loubet seemed fairly quick.
    Stage times say something else
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    There are now talks, that it was the rim, which broke the tire and it`s hard to say, what they mean exactly...was it a bad hit now or was hit defecive before.
    Just saw the article on autosport. It says it was due to a cut and the thing about the rim. Cut that brakes a rim isn't exactly innocent.

Anyway, could have been the cut posted above.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I was in fairly fast sections mainly, possible it's just strong in a straight line?
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Startlist for Sunday - http://www.rallyracc.com/2018/online...ber%202018.pdf
    and why Camilli start right behind Petter?

8. Likes: Mirek (27th October 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    At least the Hyundais were constantly faster than the Citroens today, yesterday Huttunen managed one stage win, as well as P2 and P3 stage times.

10. Likes: Jarek Z (27th October 2018)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    I also heard similar conditions for tomorrow. Gismeteo also doesn`t show much, also something around 14.
    https://www.gismeteo.com/weather-salou-51290/tomorrow/
    I don't trust that russian site, they can't do accuracy weather even for Ukraine.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    Startlist for Sunday - http://www.rallyracc.com/2018/online...ber%202018.pdf
    and why Camilli start right behind Petter?
    Similar things has been done in other rallies as of late. I think it's something to do with not having a fast driver start after a slow driver just because the fast driver is behind because of rally2 penalties...

Liked 11,164 Times in 4,433 Posts
    Stage times say that Huttunen was third fastest driver of Friday except for one puncture.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

14. Likes: AnttiL (27th October 2018),the sniper (27th October 2018)