Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
In the end, only Daniel himself knows the real reasons. Maybe after the season is over we will hear more about it, but then again maybe not.

The story will unravel in front of all of us as to whether it was a good move or not. Career wise I think most of the mid field or better drivers have options that might not just focus around money, but around their working environment as well as visibility and making their mark on the sport that might draw attention from the very top teams. There have been plenty of other driver moves over the years that I initially thought we poorly timed, but in hindsight turned out great.

I personally think RB have pushed him away with all the attention they have given to Max. I see Max as a great talent that will rise farther up as he matures. But I see Ricciardo as an overall more well rounded driver at current time. He also seems a downright decent guy, and often keeps an upbeat attitude. I'm sure Renault will be happy to have him, and it looks like they are already on the upswing this year.

I hope things work out well for both Daniel and Renault.

As for the rest of the seat swapping to come, I guess we will find out soon enough.
You could say the relationship between Ricciado and Redbull started to fracture from Monaco 2015 GP, l think; when they screwed up the race he had in the bag. He has had a number of races where he has started out of position due to engine penalties which some may be put to bad relationship between Redbull and Renault. It certainly would not impress Daniel that Redbull is refusing to take the latest parts from Renault and may have suffered engine penalties due to using outdated parts.
Ricciado has an inside perspective of how the redbull-Renault relationship has unfolded over the years. His move to Renault would suggest that he has more confidence in the Renault package than Redbull has.