Hybrid View

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    What annoys me is how Hyundai threw their weight behind him over and above Sordo and Paddon. Both very loyal to the brand and also very good performers. He has been very slow on the last two rallies.
    Well, Paddon has had a quite terrible two years now. This year he's the only factory driver yet without a podium.

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Well, Paddon has had a quite terrible two years now. This year he's the only factory driver yet without a podium.
    Agree Paddon had a shocking 2017, but in 2018 he has only competed in 4 rallies to date with 1x 5th position, 2x 4th position and 1x DNF in Portugal when he was actually leading. Still a lot of improvement is required to compete with the TOP 3 drivers, but I do feel he seems to be on the impovement list at the moment.

3. Likes: AnttiL (20th August 2018),EstWRC (20th August 2018),pantealex (20th August 2018),Rallyper (20th August 2018),steve.mandzij (20th August 2018)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    Agree Paddon had a shocking 2017, but in 2018 he has only competed in 4 rallies to date with 1x 5th position, 2x 4th position and 1x DNF in Portugal when he was actually leading.
    Yes, its pretty ridiculous for people to say he's had a terrible 2018 when he has hardly been in the car. And don't forget that about half of his bad results in 2017 were from mechanical problems not driver.

I don't think Hyundai's treatment of Paddon and Sordo contracts will help them attracting other drivers if they are looking - drivers have seen that a 'full season contract' with Hyundai might mean you only get to drive half the season if they find someone else they want.