Quote Originally Posted by krissucool View Post
I am a bit new here but maybe somebody can give me some tips. Never been to a WRC event but really thinking about going to Sardegna with my girlfriend, since we are living close in Malta.
Been a huge WRC and rally fan from my sofa but honestly have no idea about the experience of watching a rally live. So maybe someone can give a few pointers for instance what/where should we look for information, how do you find the best places to watch the stages and so on to a total noob in that sence.
Also how is Rally Sardegna from the viewpoint of a spectator compared to other events.
Any info is much appreciated.
Been in Sardinia 4 times. My best advice is not to look for information other than maps and access to the stages. Don't go on organizer suggested spots (they are overly crowded and "overly safe") or known spots like the jump in Monte Lerno.
If you want to feel the real rally Sardinia experience find the spot you want looking at the maps and go there by yourself. There is nothing better than listening to the echo of a WRC car coming from far away and be surrounded by nature and a couple of sardinian guys drinking wine and beer.
On saturday if you go to Monti di Alà or Monte Lerno stages you can easily not make any itinerary, just go to the access more comfortable for you and if you are willing to walk you will most likely find 3 or 4 good spots every km.