Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakar 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It seems car 405 is going well and the dakar page says he has got a 10 minutes penalty and without it he would be at 106th just 2 mins behind a driver ahead.

Schlesser continued to do well today and now hes 11th overall leading the ´´2 roues motrices´´ so hes doing well.

What comes to tomorrows special its the well known stage for it hardness. The 405km stage will be the first true test and Im sure down there we will see the new leader once again in a few class.
    Schlesser-Aventures

Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    The 10 minute penalty apparently was for them being late to the start of the first stage. They had a disagreement about which direction the first transport was.

I told Peter he needed me as a nav as I haven't been lost on transport ever

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Getting some good TV coverage for Peter with another shot of him tonight on SBS as they were loading onto the Ferry.

Peter has started the transport to the start of stage 4, Sainz will be starting in a couple of minutes.

Ray

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know why Vatanen has been awarded with 5 hour penalty after yesterdays stage?!?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone know where I can get the official Dakar song (mp3 or whatever)? Mixa told me it's called Sama Amie and is performed by a senegal singer. But I can't find it anywhere((
    Martin Holmes about Sebastien Loeb: "Misery is being beaten when you just can't understand why".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "Several people have asked why Ari Vatanen and other have been handed five-hour time penalties from stage three. The reason is simply that they crossed the line too late - nearly every runner at the back of the field has picked up a similar penalty." -eurosport

thats f***ing stupid!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yup the Dakar song White Sauron meaned is Same Amie by Wock for the album Kemaan if I remember right.

Unfortunately thats right about Ari. He has been given a 5 hours penalty for beeing late. Still we have Alen there but he cant fight for the win with Isuzu. Hes 22nd now. by dakar site other penalties are: Nobre(5h)-if Im right in one dakar vid you can actually see him doing something to engine,ex dakar star Shinozuka(5h30min) and inocentio and vilar more than 10 hours.

Still a great stage by my favourite Schlesser and also as Schlesser also has one car this year it was great to see him in top. Schlesser is only 58 years old but this just saws how much the experience can do.

In bikes Coma was just so brilliant today. Now he leads by 11 mins. All the guys I expected to top are there and in bikes it will come an intresting race as there you lose time really quickly. all trucks hasnt arrived yet but I quess Kamaz team will take a lead now.

The death was a shame and this are simply the things you dont wanna hear...
    Schlesser-Aventures

Doesn't look good for Peter, he seems to be not moving on the tracking stuck between CP1 and CP2. I will post news as soon as I find out what has happened.

Ray

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Casey Stoner: 2007 World Champion

Liked 78 Times in 27 Posts
    It is a shame to see that Peter has officially withdrawn on stage 5. Together with 19 other cars that are not continuing in the event. Ray, is there any news on the reasons for the troubles they seemed to have had?

Looks like they have still travelled to Tan Tan. It is definitely looking like a car breaker event, yet again. Both Miki Biasion & Bruno Saby are out in their Fiats on Stage 5. Alot of big names in trouble.
    Happiness is using the side windows more than the windscreen

In reply to being asked what 240Kph on Watagans Road was like:-
    \"Wait till I check my pants, I didn\'t know whether to sh#t myself or orgasm!!!\"