Hybrid View

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Renault and STR were poor this time. I thought for sure Williams would be buink but they both drove a great race to finish in the points.

Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Does anyone think Perelli should have gone with Soft/Medium/Hard for this race? I haven't seen tires look that bad in a long time. They all looked like they were going to split in half!
    Yes, very remarkable. Drivers coped well with it though, no off-track excursions from any driver I can recall(except the havoc Kvyat caused).

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Renault and STR were poor this time. I thought for sure Williams would be buink but they both drove a great race to finish in the points.

According to the NBC Sports commentary crew early on in the race, the teams were caught out by overnight rain that de-rubbered the track and made it much higher abrasion than it had been for the rest of the weekend. It certainly did look like everybody was really struggling with wear in a really big way that we didn't see in practice.

4. Likes: N. Jones (10th July 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    For all the nasty appearance, the performance of the tyres seemed to hold up though. People were managing about 40 laps on the ultrasoft, and after Hamilton complained about how bad his tyres were he carried on to set fastest laps on the same set.

6. Likes: N. Jones (10th July 2017)