Hybrid View

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    I think there will be a few horror stories this year with people trying to move about and car parks being full. I'm in agreement with everyone else really - pick a stage and stay there.

It does genuinely seem like the organisers are expecting bigger crowds this year, which would be in line with the rest of the championship. Wales just isn't really set up to deal with monster turnouts.

Sad to be missing the Thursday this year due to work - but will be on Hafren x2, Dyfi x2, Dyfnant and Alwen x2. All being well.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I think I've settled on Shakedown/Service Park, Myherin x2, Dyfi x2 and the second run of Dyfnant and probably Gwydir on Sunday. I might do the finish in Llandudno, which I last did in 2013 but I'll see how the time goes. Only one run of Gwydir, but it can be done for free and Alwen last year was a bit too busy for my liking last year, some of the more causal spectators in there were a liability.

As for traffic, Saturday will be interesting... particularly for those who don't anticipate the likely traffic flow.

Anyway, can't wait! Struggling to prepare for the early starts though!

Liked 1,253 Times in 682 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I think there will be a few horror stories this year with people trying to move about and car parks being full. I'm in agreement with everyone else really - pick a stage and stay there.

It does genuinely seem like the organisers are expecting bigger crowds this year, which would be in line with the rest of the championship. Wales just isn't really set up to deal with monster turnouts.

Sad to be missing the Thursday this year due to work - but will be on Hafren x2, Dyfi x2, Dyfnant and Alwen x2. All being well.
    I actually think the organisers should try to encouragepeople to stay in the one place; chasing the event in a small geographical areais asking for trouble. Remember the road blocks in 1999 in Mid-Wales? It was abit of a PR disaster. It's a bit different from moving from Kielder toYorkshire.

It does seem as though there is going to be a big turnout. Isthis a surprise? Going on this forum probably not; however, I’ve not noticed amassive increase on other general motorsport forums, were rallying still lagsbehind a lot of other series.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???